Home Sports Talk
Options

Best 0-2 Team? Worst 2-0 Team?

I am going to definitely get called out for picking my team here, but Tampa's 0-2 start could easily be 2-0. Their pass defense, which was abysmal last year, has seen a serious upgrade, and held Brees and company in check all day. Some mental miscues, which are much easier to overcome than a lack of talent, are what's keeping Tampa from being undefeated. Their -3 point differential is the best of the winless teams as well.

As far as the worst 2-0 team, I think it's got to be Chicago. Cutler is infuriatingly inconsistent (as always). He turns the ball over three times yet still manages to lead his team on a game winning drive. Insane. I suppose New England could be in this mix too, but Thursday games making a short week, with ridiculous bad weather thrown in is too much of a variable to call them the worst.

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Best 0-2 team: Redskins

Worst 2-0 team: Dolphins

Worst 0-2 team: Browns

Best 2-0 team: Broncos
  • Options
    At the end of Cutler's career, he's going to look back and say 'man, that was weird, but I mostly pulled it off'.
  • Options
    Dolphins will surprise.

Worst 0-2 team ? Steelers.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    The worst 0-2 team is the Jaguars. It's not even debatable.

I'll say the best 0-2 team is the Panthers. Formidable front 7, decent offense. Ron Rivera is the only thing holding them back.

The worst 2-0 team is the Patriots. Their offense is a mess right now. Until Gronk comes back (and even when he does), they will struggle to put up 24 ppg, let alone the ~34 ppg they've averaged over the last 5 years. Their secondary is just as bad as last year. Close wins over an atrocious Jets team and a Bills team with a rookie starting QB are nothing to get excited about. They are lucky they caught the Bills when they did, because I think the Bills would beat them this week if they were to play.

The best 2-0 team is Seattle. Their WRs are underwhelming, but the defense is so stacked it might not matter. They've given up 10 points in 2 games. I haven't done the research, but I'd bet that every other team in the league has given up 10 points in a quarter at least once this year.