Home Sports Talk
Options

49ers...Better but the Injuries Bite

WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
Congratulations for embarassing yourselves in front of a national audience again. Destroyed in front of America and exposed as an overhyped paper tiger team.

Congratulations...now they have the same record as the Raiders. Congratulations...they have the same record as the Jets. Congratulations...even the Carolina Panthers scored more points against the Seahawks than this overrated, overmatched, overwhelmed offense.

Congratulations...they had eight stinking months to prepare for this game. Head to Seattle, lay one giant egg. Oh I forgot...that egg got intercepted in the 2nd half.

Overhyped offense. - One lousy field goal in four quarters. What happened to the running game? Seahawks have Beast Mode. This team has No Gain Mode. Did Frank Gore forget how to play? That's two games in a row the RB's haven't done squat. Best offensive line in football? What offensive line?

Overhyped defense. - Can't tackle, can't stop offenses, can't stop committing penalties. Why even take the field? You've got Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer and Matt Schaub coming up. Bad news...all those guys know how to throw a good pass and all have good receivers.

Penalties on every other play yet it's your own guys getting hurt in the end both physically and in penalty yardage. 23 penalties in 2 games! Even the Raiders are laughing.

They were gifted their win against Green Bay by the hair on their chins and now their weaknesses have been exposed. The defense couldn't stop squat last week and the defense couldn't stop crap this week. In two games the defense has given up 57 points. 57 points!

Did I mention 23 penalties in 2 games?

People can say a Week 2 game won't mean much in the long run but that's baloney. Like in every other sport a team is only good as their last performance on the field and tonight they were the biggest pile of crap in the Western Hemisphere.

One prime time game down, four more to go. Four more chances to not look like a total waste of television air time.

How the hell was this team ranked 2nd in power rankings? 30th sounds about right. Hell, I'd rank them behind the Arizona and San Diego at this point. Maybe they're trying to be like the 2013 SF Giants...high expectations, look great on paper but one ginormous disaster on the field.

Congrats Niners, you've become the 2013 SF Giants. Now walk back to Santa Clara and try not to cough up another turnover along the way.

Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll be lucky to finish at .500. But look at the bright side: your Sundays are free again..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    You're awesome. You're the typical "fan" that can't give credit for the other team out playing. You're the Red Sox fan that blames the curse. YOU are a p!ss poor fan. I hope when Seattle visits SF it's 42-0, just so I can read you whimpering, pathetic little excuses.

GB has no offense, so SF scored a load of points. Got it??

GB has the best QB in the NFL, so they kept up. Got it??

Oh, and you're a big cry baby of a weasel for giving ZERO credit to the true fans of Seattle for making it a difficult atmosphere for your boy "Kap" to play in, but instead whine about scoring fewer points than the home team when Seattle traveled THREE F'N HOURS and defeated. As my dad said (RIP) go p!ss up a rope.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloom and doom will be the dominant theme tonight and tomorrow (and until the next game a week from now) in 49r land. Sports talk radio and local news broadcasts will wonder how the self proclaimed NFC representative in the 2014 Super Bowl could lose a game and lose it so badly. They will also wonder how the second coming of Joe Montana (Colin K) could play so ineffectively. They will also question the competency of the players, coaches, management and ownership. The sky is falling and there is simply no hope that things will ever be the way it should be [49r Super bowl wins year after year] again. At least until next week.

I wonder if Alex Smith [currently 2-0 with KC] is smirking right about now.
  • Options

<< <i>You're awesome. You're the typical "fan" that can't give credit for the other team out playing. You're the Red Sox fan that blames the curse. YOU are a p!ss poor fan. I hope when Seattle visits SF it's 42-0, just so I can read you whimpering, pathetic little excuses.

GB has no offense, so SF scored a load of points. Got it??

GB has the best QB in the NFL, so they kept up. Got it??

Oh, and you're a big cry baby of a weasel for giving ZERO credit to the true fans of Seattle for making it a difficult atmosphere for your boy "Kap" to play in, but instead whine about scoring fewer points than the home team when Seattle traveled THREE F'N HOURS and defeated. As my dad said (RIP) go p!ss up a rope. >>

Seattle gets lots of credit. They did what they needed to to win. The Niners? They didn't show up and if they did the team that showed up was pure garbage. Now I can't wait to hear what our local media will do to spin this ungodly train wreck.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Again....all on how poorly SF played, not executing, etc, etc. No credit to Seattle.

Must be Harbaugh wearing off on everyone down there. I mean, after hearing the media teleconference Kap had with the Seattle media, it's obvious his DBOTW level went from a 2 to a 10. Keep filling your empty head with empty excuses instead of trying to analyze a game and looking forward to next week. But....I'm sure next week it'll be "What, we can't even stop a 2nd year QB that our own coach should know like the back of his hand?!"

You make me sick.
  • Options

<< <i>Gloom and doom will be the dominant theme tonight and tomorrow (and until the next game a week from now) in 49r land. Sports talk radio and local news broadcasts will wonder how the self proclaimed NFC representative in the 2014 Super Bowl could lose a game and lose it so badly. They will also wonder how the second coming of Joe Montana (Colin K) could play so ineffectively. They will also question the competency of the players, coaches, management and ownership. The sky is falling and there is simply no hope that things will ever be the way it should be [49r Super bowl wins year after year] again. At least until next week.

I wonder if Alex Smith [currently 2-0 with KC] is smirking right about now. >>

There's nothing to wonder about. They got to Seattle, laid an egg, got hung by the ankles, stripped naked and prodded until the clock ran out. All in front of national TV. Competency evaluations should be mandatory. They had half a year to prepare for this game and this was the best they could do. That isn't good enough.

Except for Mark Purdy at the Mercury News I haven't found any positive spin from any beat writers. Good. Even the best propagandists in the world couldn't give this disaster a positive spin.

The NFC reps in 2014? They're possibly the worst team in the division at this time. I just hope they can go a game without giving up more than 30 points.

This supposed defense of the century has given up 57 points over two games. That's obscene.

I can't wait for our sports media to pretend this game didn't actually happen or to make us believe that a Week 2 game doesn't matter. Oh they matter as does every game. Can't wait until they blame the noise, the weather delay and all that other stuff for this disaster when it became crystal clear during this game that the team is the real problem.

Ok, they play the Colts next week at home. A team with a good QB? What could go wrong there?
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>Again....all on how poorly SF played, not executing, etc, etc. No credit to Seattle.

Must be Harbaugh wearing off on everyone down there. I mean, after hearing the media teleconference Kap had with the Seattle media, it's obvious his DBOTW level went from a 2 to a 10. Keep filling your empty head with empty excuses instead of trying to analyze a game and looking forward to next week. But....I'm sure next week it'll be "What, we can't even stop a 2nd year QB that our own coach should know like the back of his hand?!"

You make me sick. >>

WTCG is the absolute worst. Hands down. He's the same idiot who claims that anything other than a super bowl win is the same as the team that finishes with the worst record. He takes NO joy in anything his supposed teams do. All he does is harp on how important championships are, then, when that happens (in the case of the giants) he can't even be bothered to be excited about it.

Spending any time time engaging him in debate is useless. He's the absolute worst of the worst of sports fans.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Again....all on how poorly SF played, not executing, etc, etc. No credit to Seattle.

You make me sick. >>

WTCG is the absolute worst. Hands down. He's the same idiot who claims that anything other than a super bowl win is the same as the team that finishes with the worst record. He takes NO joy in anything his supposed teams do. All he does is harp on how important championships are, then, when that happens (in the case of the giants) he can't even be bothered to be excited about it.

Spending any time time engaging him in debate is useless. He's the absolute worst of the worst of sports fans. >>

What are we supposed to do? Go sniff lines of nose candy and convince ourselves that they played great tonight and won? Who are we kidding? That was awful. Even a pound of that stuff wouldn't be enough to forget about tonight's game.

I won't predict what will happen the rest of the season but hopefully tonight was rock bottom. I'll say it again...a team is only as good as they were in their last game. Played in the Super Bowl last season? Fine, it was what it was but that was last season. Tonight they stunk.

Get it through your head...Super Bowl loser = No rings, no Lombardi Trophy. Just like the 30 other teams.
  • Options

<< <i>
    What are we supposed to do? Go sniff lines of nose candy and convince ourselves that they played great tonight and won? Who are we kidding? That was awful.

I won't predict what will happen the rest of the season but hopefully tonight was rock bottom. I'll say it again...a team is only as good as they were in their last game. Played in the Super Bowl last season? Fine, it was what it was but that was last season. Tonight they stunk. >>

The only thing that stinks around here is you, WTCG. I know I am not alone in my utter disdain for your ridiculous, over the top rantings and absolutely appalling, entitled brat crybaby behavior. So your team lost a game. Big deal! It happens. Tonight Seattle was the better team. Try being a MAN and giving props to the team that did better instead of sniveling like an absolute BABY. Hell you give babies a bad name!

You're the absolute worst. You're worse than a bandwagon fan. Actually, with your attitude, I would suspect you really ARE a bandwagon fan, the type of idiot who thinks that championships are owed to fans and anything else is garbage. The fact (FACT) that you are unable to take any joy whatsoever in your team's accomplishments is all the proof anyone needs to see what a complete FRAUD you are.

• Options
    Obviously Seattle played a good game. They won. They won by a lot. Their offense was good for points on almost every drive in the 2nd half and their defense did their job well.

Can't say the same for SF. Their offense was a joke and the defense checked out right after halftime. So you tell me, what did the 49ers team do tonight that deserves praise? The team got KO'd on all fronts. Are you proud they didn't turn the ball over six times? Are you proud they only committed 12 penalties, down from the 15 they had in Detroit two years ago? Would've been one thing if this was a closely contested game. It wasn't.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    There's a difference between fair weather local fan and a cross-country bandwagon fan.

The former will always be a fan of their team while the latter will simply latch onto another when convenient.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet your beer money, not your water bill.

Welcome.
  • Options

<< <i>Obviously Seattle played a good game. They won. They won by a lot. Their offense was good for points on almost every drive in the 2nd half and their defense did their job well.

Can't say the same for SF. Their offense was a joke and the defense checked out right after halftime. So you tell me, what did the 49ers team do tonight that deserves praise? The team got KO'd on all fronts. Are you proud they didn't turn the ball over six times? Are you proud they only committed 12 penalties, down from the 15 they had in Detroit two years ago? Would've been one thing if this was a closely contested game. It wasn't. >>

It's not a matter of being proud of tonight's game, but the fact of the matter remains you are unable to take joy from anything in sports. Period. As I've said before, your twitter timeline (which you proudly display in your signature) has not a *single* mention of the Giants winning the world series. Pathetic. And you call yourself a fan? No, sir, you are nothing but a miserable windbag.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Everything WTCG has said is making perfect sense to me.
    There are no coachable lessons from last night's game for the 49ers.
    Mercifully this "Super Bowl favorite" season has ended early.
    The competition is too damn good.
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Bitter? The Seahawks had as much time as the 49ers.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I wonder how WTCG's post would have looked like back in 1981 when the 49ers started the season 1-2....
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder how WTCG's post would have looked like back in 1981 when the 49ers started the season 1-2.... >>

I wonder if WTCG would ever post a congratulatory message for his teams, even after winning a championship. The most recent one (Giants) didn't receive any love from this guy, who's to say he would ever have anything positive to say?

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if you are serious or posting here is prescribed therapy.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm its early.

ANYTHING can happen in the NFL!

Seattle looks N A S T Y though image
  • Options
    Ok everybody, who wants to keep blowing smoke up their butts and talk about what a great game they played last night? Play like that and they better hope Andrew Luck gets caught in traffic next Sunday. Never mind the Seahawks, that offense couldn't buy a TD much less had a prayer of scoring one on the field.

What's all this nonsense about their supposedly good OL? As soon as the ball was snapped half the pass rushers were in the backfield.

And some reporter today brought up the playoffs. Playoffs? I'm not so sure they aren't the worst team in the division right now.
  • Options
    Maybe you guys can get Alex Smith back. After all, he's 2-0 now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome To The Jungle. image

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok everybody, who wants to keep blowing smoke up their butts and talk about what a great game they played last night? Play like that and they better hope Andrew Luck gets caught in traffic next Sunday. Never mind the Seahawks, that offense couldn't buy a TD much less had a prayer of scoring one on the field. >>

You continually fail to realize how overreactionary your posts are. Nobody is possibly suggesting you blow smoke; what is being suggested is perhaps you (a) give credit where it's due (instead of bashing the 49ers, instead give some props to the Seahawks simply playing better), and/or (b) stop acting like it's the end of the world that the team you claim to like lost.

<< <i>What's all this nonsense about their supposedly good OL? As soon as the ball was snapped half the pass rushers were in the backfield. >>

What's this nonsense that maybe, perhaps, the Seahawks defensive line is maybe, just maybe, an elite squad? Good gravy man you are ridiculous.

<< <i>And some reporter today brought up the playoffs. Playoffs? I'm not so sure they aren't the worst team in the division right now. >>

For someone who called last year's team, which lost in the super bowl, nothing better than the team who finished with the worst record, well, sir, people like you simply don't deserve a team playing as well as the 49ers have in the past few years. Seriously. You are the absolute worst. You whine and complain like an insolent baby who needs their diaper changed. You need a new tune, because this petty crybaby act is beyond tiresome.

Tell us again how you celebrated your Giants winning the world series last year, or in 2010? Oh, what's that? You didn't? For a guy who claims repeatedly the only thing that matters is championships? Hilarious. You must be an absolute BLAST to watch games with.
  • Options
    Its one game. Regardless weather they lose 1, 2, 3 or more games, Their still a talented young team. Just happend to run into a buzzsaw in Seattle.
  • Options
    One of the many great things about living in America is you can complain about your team 24/7, if you so desire. When it comes to hometown teams, I'm a glass-is-half-full kinda Homer and the Debbie Downer shtick would rub my fur the wrong way in the 1st quarter BUT he has every right to be a constant whiner.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    LOL. Feels like deja vu. WTCG's 2012 49ers rant thread
  • Options

<< <i>LOL. Feels like deja vu. WTCG's 2012 49ers rant thread >>

LOL. Hyperbole is a word often used out of context but it's most apropos when used to describe these threads and posts by WTCG after a Niners loss.

• Options

<< <i>

LOL. Hyperbole is a word often used out of context but it's most apropos when used to describe these threads and posts by WTCG after a Niners loss. >>

The guy wasn't even happy after beating a very good Packers team! As far as hyperbole goes, this about sums up this clown's absolute lack of insight:

<< <i>How the hell was this team ranked 2nd in power rankings? 30th sounds about right. Hell, I'd rank them behind the Arizona and San Diego at this point. >>

WTCG is the epitome of the very worst kind of fan.
  • Options

<< <i>

LOL. Hyperbole is a word often used out of context but it's most apropos when used to describe these threads and posts by WTCG after a Niners loss. >>

At least he's consistent; it's SB or bust in his mind, period. At this point, I would be concerned for his well being if the 49ers did win a championship. His brain wouldn't know what to do and probably short circuit.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, not again.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Apparently the media crowned them the champs before the start of the season. They took that crowning literally and forgot they have to actually show up to play.

Look everybody...it's the NFL version of the 2013 SF Giants! Great on paper, pure garbage on the field.

Destroyed for the second week in the row. Zero offense, horrible defense. Same problems as the last two games. Sound like a broken record.

That's one whole offensive touchdown in eight quarters. Not even the best defense in the history of the NFL could help win games with that inept offense. Weak running game, zero passing game. Better hope the opposition fumbles in their own end zone. How else a would they score a touchdown?

This supposed great defense has now surrendered 84 points in 3 games.

Good news but that's used loosely...the running game gained more than 20 net yards for once and there were penalized less than a dozen times for the first time.

The team could blame injuries all they want and true Vernon Davis didn't play and Patrick Willis left early with an injury but injuries happen to every team. One receiver shouldn't make break an offense.

They play the Rams and Texans next two games. There's two losses right there. Why even take the field?

The writers whom ranked this team 5th in power rankings a few days ago have been proven to be out of their minds. 30th sounds about right. Hell, even Jacksonville scored a TD against Seattle which is more than this team did. Actually I would say the Browns are a better team right now.
  • Options
    Good stuff WTCG. I am glad you are not taking the loss badly.
  • Options
    This thread is like a broken record..

• Options

<< <i>Good stuff WTCG. I am glad you are not taking the loss badly. >>

Good news for Kaepernick...His team is now 3-0! Not the Niners...the Miami Dolphins.

Listening to sports radio it actually seems like I'm in the middle of the pack. Oh I'm pisssd, but not quite as pissed as many others it seems. Last week it was disappointment this week it's anger. People are starting to call Kaepernick the "Mark Sanchez of NorCal". I still like Kaepernick so I won't go that far...yet.

St. Louis coming up on Thursday. What could go wrong there?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Good stuff WTCG. I am glad you are not taking the loss badly. >>

Listening to sports radio it actually seems like I'm in the middle of the pack. Last week it was disappointment this week it's anger. People are starting to call Kaepernick the "Mark Sanchez of NorCal". I still like Kaepernick so I won't go that far...yet.

St. Louis coming up on Thursday. What could go wrong there? >>

Kap has looked pretty impressive at times so I wouldn't go Mark Sanchez yet.

I am a Ram's fan so I hope you can keep your losing streak going one more week.
  • Options
    So the season is lost after three games? I thought they played 16...apparently I was wrong.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumor is the fans were VERY loud at Candlestick today. image

Go Hawks!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    At least last week you waited until Monday Morning before you started Quarterbacking. image
  • Options

<< <i>At least last week you waited until Monday Morning before you started Quarterbacking. image >>

It was a primetime game, he probably cried himself to sleep so he couldn't post until the next day
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Good news for Kaepernick...His team is now 3-0! Not the Niners...the Miami Dolphins.

Great line.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Quick, someone pull WTCG off the ledge!

• Options
    Relief but not really celebrating. The last thing the team needs is another injury and Joe Staley's injury late threw cold water on an otherwise good night. The OL has been spotty already and another injury is salt on the wound.

The win was a relief. It showed the offense still has some potency though getting Davis, Baldwin and others back certainly helped. The running game with Hunter and Gore was great.

Penalties, penalties, penalties. The penalties are still a problem. Another night of double digit penalties.

With Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith and others out I thought the Rams offense would score a lot more. Good to see them handle a team they had problems with all of last year.
  • Options
    My Rams are certainly disappointing. I thought they would make a step up this year. All they have is one, come from behind, win. Oh well... at least they will have a high pick in the draft. image
  • Options
    Next year WTCG should just bump his thread from last year. Would save everybody from typing the same stuff. image