Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

CAC no longer stickers U.S. Philippines coins

Just confirmed from CAC they no longer sticker U.S. Philippine Coins.

They did at first but no longer do. Strange, as I thought they do all
U.S. coins. PCGS and NGC consider them U.S. Coins for submittals
and in Registry sets.

Not sure why, they did not say. I guess they may not have expertise with the series.

Krueger

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not even know CAC accepted these to begin with-interesting

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    They most likely are no longer offering CAC stickers because the coins form too thin of a market to ascertain accurate market prices.

Frankly, I'm surprised the offer was ever on the table.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the guy that does the WINGS stickers has claimed USPI as his territory? I heard CAC and WINGS have an understanding where they won't sticker coins that are stickered by the other.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    No clue why this happened. But maybe it's worth remembering that Teletrade has a tight relationship with CAC where they submit your lots to CAC on your behalf. TT regularly has a decent amount of USPI slabs compared to all the other nations which are regularly under-represented (or not at all). Maybe they initiated a deal with CAC to accept USPI for stickering, and have since ceased that arrangement? Is it possible that an auction firm like TT could have enough muscle to convince CAC to accept USPI for stickering?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    HintonatorHintonator Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    I know this is an old thread, but I have not been around for a bit. I spoke to JA about this subject and he said that there was not enough volume/demand to sticker USPI coins.
    I tried to get him to change his mind but I guess I was not persuasive enough.
    I actively collect, buy and sell US minted Philippine coins from 1903-1945. I am interested in anything during this period, Albums, Proof sets, collections, original rolls and bags, Cullion Leper colony coins etc.
    Also a big fan of liberty seated coins.
  • Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the price of CACs USPI coins sky rocket?
  • Options
    HintonatorHintonator Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    The amount of CAC'd USPI coins are so small that it is hard to tell. Like any other coin series, prices can vary greatly depending on eye appeal and I have only seen a handful of CAC'd USPI coins come to market. I would say that they sold in the expected range and the CAC sticker had little impact. imho...
    I actively collect, buy and sell US minted Philippine coins from 1903-1945. I am interested in anything during this period, Albums, Proof sets, collections, original rolls and bags, Cullion Leper colony coins etc.
    Also a big fan of liberty seated coins.