Home Sports Talk
Options

Week 2 NFL Picks

After going 9-6 in week one it's time for the week 2 round ups.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay
The Saints played well last week, but things would have likely been different had Roddy White either been healthy or his injury's severity known before the game. Either way, it doesn't matter, as the Saints win on the road as Freeman continues to struggle.

St. Louis at Atlanta
Atlanta looks to rebound from a disappointing loss in their opener, and will take out their frustrations on a Rams team which played well last week. Atlanta takes this one.

Carolina at Buffalo
Buffalo played New England tough, but that's more due to the Pats' struggles (as evidenced by their squeaking by the Jets) than the Bills being very good. Carolina has had issues under Coach Rivera winning games early, but this should even their record at 1-1.

Minnesota at Chicago
Even All Day Adrian Peterson can't make Ponder into a competent QB. The Bears roll the Vikings at home.

Washington at Green Bay
Two 0-1 teams enter, only one team leaves with a win. The odds of a team starting out 0-2 and still making the playoffs are just 12%, so this is as big a week 2 game as there is this week. Green Bay at home takes this one.

Miami at Indianapolis
Both teams won their openers, but in this game Luck and Co., being the better team, will take the win.

Dallas at Kansas City
Dallas got 6 turnovers yet still had to hang on to win. KC is better than folks think and will climb to 2-0.

Cleveland at Baltimore
Baltimore is going to be riding the high of hoisting their super bowl banner. Not that they needed it to take care of business versus the Browns.

Tennessee at Houston
Foster and Tate, it doesn't matter, they're going to do infinitely better than the impotent Steelers did in running the ball in week 1. Houston in a no-doubt lock of the week.

San Diego at Philadelphia
It will interesting to see both teams coming off a short week, albeit with vastly different results. I think Philly has a distinct advantage by being at home and forcing SD to travel cross country after playing on Monday night. Chip Kelly and his Eagles roll to 2-0.

Detroit at Arizona
Arizona will hang tough, but there's just far too much talent in Detroit for them to contain it. Detroit rolls.

Jacksonville at Oakland
Dud game of the week. The only thing that might make this entertaining is if Pryor goes off again as he did in week 1, but I don't see that happening. Expect a snooze fest with the Raiders winning.

Denver at NY Giants
Manning Bowl! Part 1 of Game of the week! Denver riding high after an opening night beatdown of the Ravens, AND has the bonus of extra days off to prepare. Giants fall to 0-2 as Denver takes what should be today's best game.

San Francisco at Seattle
Part 2 of Game of the Week! We conclude our Sunday slate of games with a showcase of the two best teams in the league. They are so well matched and so close talent wise, I think home field is the difference. Seattle in a close game of two elite super powers.

Monday
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
Maybe the Steelers will show up this week? I don't think the offense got off the bus last week. AJ Green will go off again as Cincinnati blows out the hapless steelers.

Comments

• Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Feeling even better about my Saints/Bucs pick after hearing Freeman wants out of Tampa. Story

What a mess. Ownership is completely disinterested as they are solely focused on their Premier League Manchester United club. Coach Schiano apparently wants full control over personnel decisions. What a mess.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    That's too bad about the situation in Tampa. Maybe Freeman can make his way to Jacksonville and get that franchise turned around and keep it there.

And, I'm satisfied with your picks since you wised up about Seattle. The weather here isn't the best today, and it doesn't look like it's going to dry out. A wet football and our quiet crowd should make things entertaining.
  • Options

<< <i>That's too bad about the situation in Tampa. Maybe Freeman can make his way to Jacksonville and get that franchise turned around and keep it there.

And, I'm satisfied with your picks since you wised up about Seattle. The weather here isn't the best today, and it doesn't look like it's going to dry out. A wet football and our quiet crowd should make things entertaining. >>

Seahawks enjoy the best home field advantage in all of football. Last week's pick nearly worked out for me, and, like I said, its never personal with picks, just trust the numbers. Both teams run the ball well and hit hard, and it looks to be a fantastic game.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I attended, I believe, 62 games including playoffs at home. The divisional game against the Redskins was the loudest thing ever, louder than the NFC Championship, and my ears were ringing for a few days. Today could be more intense than that. It'd be fun to be there, but I'm not too tore up about watching it at home.
  • Options

<< <i>After going 9-6 in week one it's time for the week 2 round ups.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay
    The Saints played well last week, but things would have likely been different had Roddy White either been healthy or his injury's severity known before the game. Either way, it doesn't matter, as the Saints win on the road as Freeman continues to struggle.
    >>

Of course the Bucs find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the second straight week. Here's hoping they go on to secure the #1 overall pick.

<< <i>St. Louis at Atlanta
    Atlanta looks to rebound from a disappointing loss in their opener, and will take out their frustrations on a Rams team which played well last week. Atlanta takes this one. >>

Atlanta was cruising and nearly let the Rams back in.

<< <i>Carolina at Buffalo
    Buffalo played New England tough, but that's more due to the Pats' struggles (as evidenced by their squeaking by the Jets) than the Bills being very good. Carolina has had issues under Coach Rivera winning games early, but this should even their record at 1-1. >>

Good lord will I ever learn? Rivera is the worst. How does he still have a job?

<< <i>Minnesota at Chicago
    Even All Day Adrian Peterson can't make Ponder into a competent QB. The Bears roll the Vikings at home. >>

Wasn't the blowout I expected, but a win's a win.

<< <i>Washington at Green Bay
    Two 0-1 teams enter, only one team leaves with a win. The odds of a team starting out 0-2 and still making the playoffs are just 12%, so this is as big a week 2 game as there is this week. Green Bay at home takes this one. >>

Was another slow start this easy to call? It seems teams have figured out how to stop RG3, at least in the first half.

<< <i>Miami at Indianapolis
    Both teams won their openers, but in this game Luck and Co., being the better team, will take the win. >>

This result surprised me the most. Raise your hands if you thought Miami would start the season 2-0. Ah knock it off nobody did.

<< <i>Dallas at Kansas City
    Dallas got 6 turnovers yet still had to hang on to win. KC is better than folks think and will climb to 2-0. >>

Another close game, but I'll take the result.

<< <i>Cleveland at Baltimore
    Baltimore is going to be riding the high of hoisting their super bowl banner. Not that they needed it to take care of business versus the Browns. >>

Baltimore definitely looks off, but they sealed the deal.

<< <i>Tennessee at Houston
    Foster and Tate, it doesn't matter, they're going to do infinitely better than the impotent Steelers did in running the ball in week 1. Houston in a no-doubt lock of the week. >>

Well, it shouldn't have been this close, but Houston apparently likes to let teams they should crush play them close. Arian Foster continues to annoy the hell out of his fantasy owners (as does most every other first round RB drafted).

<< <i>San Diego at Philadelphia
    It will interesting to see both teams coming off a short week, albeit with vastly different results. I think Philly has a distinct advantage by being at home and forcing SD to travel cross country after playing on Monday night. Chip Kelly and his Eagles roll to 2-0. >>

Oh Philadelphia. You had a chance to take it to a tired SD club, but your defense forgot to show up. Way to blow what should have been a sure fire win.

<< <i>Detroit at Arizona
    Arizona will hang tough, but there's just far too much talent in Detroit for them to contain it. Detroit rolls. >>

Up 8 and Detroit still can't hang on, despite a monster day by Calvin Johnson.

<< <i>Jacksonville at Oakland
    Dud game of the week. The only thing that might make this entertaining is if Pryor goes off again as he did in week 1, but I don't see that happening. Expect a snooze fest with the Raiders winning. >>

What's there to say? These two teams are dreadful.

<< <i>Denver at NY Giants
    Manning Bowl! Part 1 of Game of the week! Denver riding high after an opening night beatdown of the Ravens, AND has the bonus of extra days off to prepare. Giants fall to 0-2 as Denver takes what should be today's best game. >>

Peyton making a strong early season run at yet another MVP award with 9 TDs, no picks, and 769 yards in 2 games. These are video game numbers. Insanity.

<< <i>San Francisco at Seattle
    Part 2 of Game of the Week! We conclude our Sunday slate of games with a showcase of the two best teams in the league. They are so well matched and so close talent wise, I think home field is the difference. Seattle in a close game of two elite super powers. >>

I get the feeling it would have been closer had there not been the deluge, but either way, this is two straight big wins over SF by the boys in Seattle.

10-4 through Sunday's games, with a chance to pick up number 11 tomorrow night. Whatever happens I'm happy with 10 wins.
  • Options
    11-4. Easy money.