Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please give grade opinion of my wrestling cards 55 Parkhurst Updated?

Im updating my post to see if anyone give opinion on grades. Just a few of the cards. Im getting graded right now.

Comments

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    You need to turn your PM on
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    how do i do that ?
  • Options
    Upper right , go in to your profile and turn on your private nessages
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    OK got it
  • Options
    Pm sent
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I currently have the highest grade set on the PSA registry. I watched some of the video and there are many cards that look sharp but flaws such as wax stain on the cards, the problems with centering, and the clear wax staining on the front, and little spider wrinkles significantly drops the grade of the card despite looking very sharp. Some of the 1955s have a ink stamp on the back of the cards and I have never subbed any of those to PSA and unsure if any of yours have that ink stamp on the back from the factory. I'd love to see many of your cards graded that deserve to be, as I obviously have interest in the set. It would cost at approx. $750 to get it all done so there is a lot of expense doing so when some of the more common guys are a bit of a tough sell. My recommendation would be to grade some of the key cards that you have that is representative of the set and see how they do.........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I think ill submit the whole set the money is not issue. i do have another set too this is my b set.

i think the stains would be qualifiers though ? im not sure how they would great this set.
  • Options
    Yes, the stains would be qualifiers and automatically be a deduction of two points according to the registry. A PSA 7 (ST) would be counted as a PSA 5 etc. I would have interest in in your graded cards that you get back. Thanks.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Im going to submit a couple of the cards with bobbyw8469 , then later send in the whole set including the higher end cards, curios how these would grade. So i send in test

these are the scans of the cards Im sending in

• Options
    Can y'all give grade opinions
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the most accurate forecast from board members I would re scan the cards. In the room your scanner is make it pitch black and leave the scanner lid open. Crop the scans down so that they are close up as possible while showing the full card.

At first glance many of these look EX-MT to me.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking 6's and 7's, but I don't know the set that well....
  • Options

<< <i>If you want the most accurate forecast from board members I would re scan the cards. In the room your scanner is make it pitch black and leave the scanner lid open. Crop the scans down so that they are close up as possible while showing the full card.

At first glance many of these look EX-MT to me. >>

thanks will do now

• Options
    ok updated and put the pics at the top ,

also the cards below Im not sending into getting grade now but would like opinion on these too

• Options
    Much better.

I think your Bronko Nagurski could grade a PSA 7 if the surface is clean of wrinkles. That is a big card. I would think you could easily get $350 to $400+ for it.

The centering will hold some of these back but they look good. Rob can attest that anything that grades a PSA 6 or higher is great from this set.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I think those look great! The special is pretty cheap. I would probably send them all in. Who knows, you might get a nice surprise on a couple of them!

Bear in mind, the limit for the specials is $100. If it is an obvious money winner, you can't send it in....
  • Options
    I would send in a few of your key cards for sure..... the diamond cuts are a bit annoying but otherwise they look good. I think a 6 is a winner in this set and some of yours look like that to me.
  • Options
    SMR

Bobby makes a good point on the Nagurski. You might need to send that in at a higher service level. They have a PSA 4 listed at $125 and that card doesn't look like one at all. A good idea would be to call customer service and ask their thoughts. You don't want that card floating around in the mail just to save a few bucks. I do think you could send it in for sure on a 15 card collectors club membership submission.

• Options
    where is the psa 4 being sold at ?
  • Options
    Just the SMR pricing. The $100 stated value is just for insurance purposes but you can't blatantly exceed it if the card is listed in the SMR. Quite frankly on wrestling there is a lot more lenience then there is on baseball or another major sport so there is a chance it will get through but if it were a high profile baseball card for example PSA would want more money to grade it.

I just would call either way because that is a great card that needs to be handled with care and not shipped back and forth.

• Options
    I'd send in the key cards minus the Nagurski for clarification....... Buddy Rogers, Lou Thesz, Bobo Brazil, Verne Gagne, Reggie Lisowski, card number one if you have a nice one
  • Options
    and Gorgeous George ?

also any opinions on the grade for that one ?
  • Options

<< <i>and Gorgeous George ?

also any opinions on the grade for that one ? >>

Oh yes Gorgeous George as well....perhaps Whipper Watson and Antonio Rocca, Prince Maiava. etc