Home Sports Talk
Options

Biggest game of week 2

Obviously, it's Jacksonville at Oakland, but my attention will be on my home team come Sunday night as San Francisco visits. O/U is 44.5 If you expect a repeat of the last time SF was in town, don't count on it. However, SF isn't playing that lights out GB defense, so anything is possible. Seattle fans aren't too excited about the game. Nosebleed seats 6 rows from the stadium cover are going cheap- only $400/ea.

After all is said and done, I hope for a clean game- that field will be charged with emotion and I hope everyone can play the game. Also, I hope the outcome goes like this: Seattle 31 San Francisco 20

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Funny how the Seattle people still talk about that late December game like it was the contest of the millennium. Something tells me they'll still be talking about that one game in the year 2025.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I thought you fell off a bridge with the Giants performance this year? Shame...
  • Options

<< <i>I thought you fell off a bridge with the Giants performance this year? Shame... >>

Not anywhere near as hard as the entire Puget Sound area fell off the Mariners bridge after the 2001 season.

It's a shame really...the Mariners have a nice ballpark convenient to downtown but nobody in the area seems to care about them anymore.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I was referring to you physically falling off a bridge...ahh nevermind.

As for the 'sound, it's a bunch of fair weather fans here, no doubt about it. I don't have cable so I don't even get to watch the games. Not that I'm missing much, but it'd be nice to see how the kids played this year.
  • Options

<< <i>I was referring to you physically falling off a bridge...ahh nevermind.

As for the 'sound, it's a bunch of fair weather fans here, no doubt about it. I don't have cable so I don't even get to watch the games. Not that I'm missing much, but it'd be nice to see how the kids played this year. >>

Something I've learned is fair weather fans happen virtually everywhere. I was at the SF Giants/ Rockies game last night and it's disturbing how even 4/5 of a season removed from a championship the number of people who care has fallen substantially simply because the team is out of contention this season.

I still enjoy watching the A's so I've seen the M's play a little this season. They seem better than their record says they are.

In any case I don't like all the hype surrounding a game in Week 2 of the season. My prediction is the Seahawks and Niners will split the season series.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I agree about splitting the series.
    San Francisco takes this weekend's game then sleeps thru the December rematch as they already have both the division and homefield advantage wrapped up, thus hungry visiting Seattle lays the wood in an effort to secure another wildcard spot. Of which they will rightfully be deserving. Solid chippy team. image
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought you fell off a bridge with the Giants performance this year? Shame... >>

Woah! A bit too soon, don't you think? image