Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Stolen Ancients

Hi all,
If you could please be on the lookout for the following two coins, I'd appreciate it. I've been reimbursed for them already but I'd still love to track them down. They were being shipped by FedEx and FedEx somehow "lost track of the package" in Germany. I've never had this happen and they said it was very rare. These aren't terribly high value coins but it's still disappointing as I was looking forward to them!

They're easily identifiable so if you do happen to come across them, please let me know and I'll inform FedEx and the auction house.

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They from Lanz? Every auction ive won from lanz the packages go missing. I dont buy from him anymore.
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They from Lanz? Every auction ive won from lanz the packages go missing. I dont buy from him anymore. >>

No, Pecunem/Gitbud & Naumann. I won a coin from Lanz a couple months ago and received it without a problem in the US, for what it's worth. I actually just met Dr. Lanz for the first time at the ANA show and was quite impressed by him. As for Pecunem, they're just starting out in auctions and their first two sales had technical problems (and the server nearly went down at this one as well). I'd hate to say it, but it is "three strikes" for me now - I won't be bidding with them anymore.
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had good experiences with Pecunem. Odd, but it seems most missing package are going mia in germany.

Maybe lanz is nice but his auctions have been nothing but headaches for me.

I doubt you'll see the coins image
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coins , they probably show up on eBay.de sooner or later.

Wonder if these auction houses send the coins in enveloppes with their name all over it,
    thats a no-no , it draws attention by the wrong kind of people.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    Hi,

the first coin is at Lanz at ebay.de
    (search "Elektron" in greek coins)

but when you look at the auction....that one is a bit lower grade

Yours is defenitly nicer!
    collector from Germany
  • Options
    The only registered mail package personally I know of that's ever gone missing did so in Germany. AFAIC, Germany is more of a black hole for coin shipments than places that usually get slammed for delivery problems like Mexico and Italy.

But then, that's just me...