Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Swiss high end type for auction at Heritage.

I have often wondered where the 1931 ten rappen in PCGS MS69 looked like. Now we know. Lots of other high end confederation Swiss....what does everyone think it will go for?

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have often wondered where the 1931 ten rappen in PCGS MS69 looked like. Now we know. Lots of other high end confederation Swiss....what does everyone think it will go for? >>

Well, the total pop is 3. Someone submitted the cream of several SNB rolls back in the mid-1990s (they may have all come from HRH at the time). If it's really a "69", I would guess between $350-500.

However, the likelihood that several more SNB rolls of all denoms from the 1920s to 1930s are still squirreled away, I'd be cautious. image
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Mac on this one, Swiss pieces come nice anyway, and particularly with the 20th C. stuff their could well be more rolls of them sitting around just waiting to be graded.

But I don't think you could get hurt too much if it goes in the low hundreds range.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    link?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>link? >>

LINK
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    That large submission of high grade Swiss back in the mid-1990s ran at least between cert. #s, 3168497 and 3168814.....so, a little over 300 subs, although I don't know if they are all consecutive as I only punched up 10-12 across that spread.

Here's one of Phil's early TrueView images of an MS68 10 rappen...............image IMO, looks as nice, or nicer than the MS69 at HA.com image

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to buy one from Marcel at 190 CHF , while I still had a 68 in my posession that I preferred in terms of toning.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    The auction has indeed impressive type coins, SP67 1875 exquisite half franc, a lot of nice halfs, francs, two francs and fivers. John, good luck if you're bidding on any. Even the grades of the 1850 coins are unusually high.

One thing that I've noticed lately though, is the abundance of gem or near gem 1925 100 gold francs. That's a coin that I'd like to include in my box of 20 one day. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the MS69 piece has far too much chatter on the digits "10" to merit that grade.

Lovely example of the type, but more like an 7/8 grade wise.
    -Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I am not chasing that MS69. Just interested to see what everyone thinks it will bring.

Some of the five francs do interest me for sure, but I am pretty broke at this point after my binge in early 2013.

Just saw these though at Sincona. They make the Heritage coins pale in comparison. Check out the specimen runs in 1857, 1896 and other dates. Some really amazing stuff.

http://www.sixbid.com/browse.html?auction=935&category=19337

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw these though at Sincona. They make the Heritage coins pale in comparison. Check out the specimen runs in 1857, 1896 and other dates. Some really amazing stuff.

So much for me being the only one to know about the sale. image

But I guess I won't cancel my plane ticket...
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Just saw these though at Sincona. They make the Heritage coins pale in comparison. Check out the specimen runs in 1857, 1896 and other dates. Some really amazing stuff.

So much for me being the only one to know about the sale. image

But I guess I won't cancel my plane ticket... >>

No worries, I'll link the Sincona Swiss Auction to make it easy for everyone. image image

BTW, this upcoming auction is a good "book end" to the UBS Auction #54 from 2002. Probably some here with that provenance.