Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1st weekend of college football

Who ya rootin' for, and who ya like to take it all ?

Comments

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rootin' for Penn State. Always a fan, always will be. I have a feeling Alabama will take the title again this year. They just seem to be far superior once again. As much as it pains me to say cause I can't stand the SEC.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Right now I'm rooting for Clemson to finish Georgia. Normally I root for Georgia Southern and the University of Miami. I'm also a supporter of Florida, but am really happy to see anyone in the SEC succeed, as long as it's not Georgia. I'm also pleased when the following teams lose: Notre Dame, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC Trojans, and Florida State.

Edited to add: the Tide probably take it all, but if Clemson can win tonight, they'll have a good shot of running the table on their schedule...would be interesting to seethe ACC on top again. I think Tahj Boyd takes the Heisman.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This says it all, I know one person will like thisimage
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Who ya rootin' for, and who ya like to take it all ? >>

I just got home from the Sooner victory, so I'd better be rooting for them. I also work at OU.

Other teams I root for:
    Penn State...I got a degree there.
    Ohio State...I listened to them on the radio as a kid.
    Kent State...I'm from Kent
    Kevin Thomas
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Who ya rootin' for, and who ya like to take it all ? >>

I just got home from the Sooner victory, so I'd better be rooting for them. I also work at OU.

Other teams I root for:
    Penn State...I got a degree there.
    Ohio State...I listened to them on the radio as a kid.
    Kent State...I'm from Kent >>

Awesome! I am a current student at Penn State. It's always nice to hear about PSU alums!!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • I root for Illinois. We Beat an FCS school by 8 today!

My son is 17 months old and still hasn't seen my alma mater beat a conference opponent...it'll be tough again this year.

Ugh...but still:

I-L-L!
    Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.
  • MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    im not a HUGE fan but I root for Oregon and Oregon state!

Also a chip Kelly fan, so I'd like to see him do well in Philadelphia. But he's always welcome back to UO.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

<< <i>im not a HUGE fan but I root for Oregon and Oregon state!

Also a chip Kelly fan, so I'd like to see him do well in Philadelphia. But he's always welcome back to UO. >>

Oy vey on OSU but at least the Ducks beat the division III team. Go Ducks!
  • I stayed up til 2 am to watch the end of the northwestern game. I love the late night games. Hate the early noon games.

Nice to see a top 5 sec team go down.
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Boomer Sooner!
  • MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    My alma-matta SUNY Buffalo +34 covers easily vs. OSU.
  • jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    My team, IU scored, 73 pts. The problem is, they cannot stop anyone on defense.
  • eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    the fighting irish. i know some don't like them but when i was growing up in canada in the late '60s we got very little ncaa football (one saturday game a week), but we did get a sunday morning show called "notre dame highlights". it chronicled the irish game of the previous day into a 30 minute program show, so i became a fan of notre dame.

the only team i really dislike is miami (couldn't stand that team under the guy with the nice hair).

edit: not sure alabama can run the table in the sec, so they may not make the championship game. i predict the stanford/oregon winner will play ohio state in the big game.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    I live in OKC and have been a huge OU fan my entire life. Glad to see a few other Sooner fans on here!!!!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!
  • What a way to start off the college football season with the great Clemson / Georgia game. A great, back and forth game all night long. And the opening, with the Tigers entering the stadium thru the crowd was pretty cool. Not a bad start for this years season!
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the fighting irish. i know some don't like them >>

Some? A ton don't like them, LOL. Screw the haters! GO IRISH!!!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Loves: My beloved Razorbacks (be fine with a 6-6 reg season and a bowl game with a tough sked in first year of Bielema era)
    Dislikes: Big 10 football
    Hates: OU, Texas

Nat champ: By my reckoning, Bama 60% LSU 30% rest of SEC 10%
  • Talk about a flawed voting system. Ohio State has the longest winning streak in the nation, and they drop in the rankings lol.
  • A new season and you see the same things: Aaron Murray still sucks against good competition, Nebraska's defense is still awful, Johnny Manziel is still a spoiled brat & FCS teams continue to beat up on FBS competition.

On Topic: I'm an Ohio State fan. Born that way, and will die that way. I also went to Toledo, so I root for the Rockets as well. I thought defensively they played the Gators tough, but couldn't get the offense going. Rather expected though, since the game was in the Swamp.

• << <i>Talk about a flawed voting system. Ohio State has the longest winning streak in the nation, and they drop in the rankings lol. >>

A #2 seed losing 2 quarters to SUNY Buffalo while never in contention to cover the -34 spread and add to it that UB was only down 10 well into the 4th quarter makes me thinks OSU should drop rank as you get these gimmie games to run up the score against weak competition. A blowout in this awkward match-up should never had been in doubt and it most certainly was never a blowout.

• << <i>...add to it that UB was only down 10 well into the 4th quarter >>

It was 37-20 when the 4th quarter started. image
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A #2 seed losing 2 quarters to SUNY Buffalo >>

They only lost 1 quarter.

<< <i>while never in contention to cover the -34 spread >>

Since when does sports betting have anything to do with how they determine rankings?

<< <i>and add to it that UB was only down 10 well into the 4th quarter >>

They were only down 10 with 3:16 left in the 3RD quarter.

<< <i>you get these gimmie games to run up the score against weak competition >>

Ohio State has never been a team who runs up the score on an opponent. They leave that up to teams with an inferiority complex. *cough* Wisconsin *cough*

<< <i>A blowout in this awkward match-up should never had been in doubt and it most certainly was never a blowout. >>

You're right, being up three scores isn't enough. Maybe they should have left their starters in. Good talk.

• << <i>..me thinks OSU should drop rank as you get these gimmie games to run up the score against weak competition. >>

The irony is that the team that leap-frogged Ohio State -- Oregon -- defeated Mighty Nicholls State.

• << <i>

Since when does sports betting have anything to do with how they determine rankings?

<< <i>you get these gimmie games to run up the score against weak competition >>

Ohio State has never been a team who runs up the score on an opponent. They leave that up to teams with an inferiority complex. *cough* Wisconsin *cough*

<< <i>A blowout in this awkward match-up should never had been in doubt and it most certainly was never a blowout. >>

You're right, being up three scores isn't enough. Maybe they should have left their starters in. Good talk. >>

Agreed.

Also 3 starters did not play due to suspension. Their #2 running back had 159 yds rushing.

• << <i>

<< <i>

You're right, being up three scores isn't enough. Maybe they should have left their starters in. Good talk. >>

Agreed.

Also 3 starters did not play due to suspension. Their #2 running back had 159 yds rushing. >>

I should have looked closer at the boxscore after I turned off the game shaking my head and UB had the ball with around 4 minutes to go in the 3rd only down 10. I take no blame that you all had to hear my senseless drivel because 1) you were on notice that I was a UB alum and thus have no clue about elite college football and 2) I would never had replied if this thread was properly posted in the sports talk section where it belonged. image
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would never had replied if this thread was properly posted in the sports talk section where it belonged. image >>

Now THAT is something that we can both agree on. image