Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Info on 1966 Tacoma Cubs "Picture Pack"?

I haven't managed to find anything online or in any of my reference books. I am assuming that these are team-issued pictures. Each measures 9.5" by 13" and has a blank back.

Can anyone help identify these? There are 8 different ones here, but I don't know if it is a "full set."

Collecting Tony Conigliaro

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Great items I know nothing about but I do love Cheney stadium in Tacoma. Awesome place to watch a game.
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    I cataloged the minor league cards for the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards for more than 20 years and never saw or heard of this issue.

It's a great find.

If I was still working with the big book, I'd definitely add them to the listings.

Rather than being a picture pack, my guess would be they were "Picture Night" SGAs on selected nights.
  • Options
    1963ellsworth22and101963ellsworth22and10 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2021 10:28AM

They are pages from the 1966 Tacoma Cubs Pictorial Yearbook. They also had similar yearbooks 1967 through 1969. The 1969 is the most difficult. Sorry I couldn't answer sooner :) . ETA, I noticed that you said that you have eight of them and that they are blank backed. There are twenty two in the yearbook, they measure 9.5" x 13", but they are not blank backed, each one has another player on the back. Are yours glossy photos or are they matte paper?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is 1966 the only year with a blurb?

• Options

@daltex said:
    So is 1966 the only year with a blurb?

Yes. I can't figure out why the OP's are blank backed, though. Maybe there was a promotion at a game where they gave out photos but I can't imagine they would be 9.5" x 13".