Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Guess the grade on this 1975 Mini

So I decided to rip open a graded PSA 8 1975 Mini pack and got this!

[URL=http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/todd12211/media/GibsonMini_zpsf3225db7.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Now I suck at thinking I am getting better grades than I get. I know T/B centering is off enough to keep it out of a gem 10 case, but sure looks like a 9 to me yes?
Thoughts?
The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
TheClockworkAngelCollection

Comments

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    9. Nice

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    t/b and very minor tilt make an otherwise very nice card a 9. Do I see a pinpoint of white on the top right corner or is it just the light? Either way, I grade the card in a heartbeat.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions

• I'd be surprised at anything above an 8.
    It never leaves you...
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Solid 8.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say 8.5 due to T/B cerntering. Sharp card!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Miniduff and Grote are '75 mini experts (OK Tim, I just added you in there to make you feel good ... LOL) so I will defer to them.

That being said, I hope Duff is correct, as a "9" is worth TEN TIMES MORE than an "8" or "8.5".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    7, bottom left corner
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • 8.5 due to centering. Nice card.
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Once upon a time this card was a beast, but they have relaxed considerably on it in recent years. I've graded 3 or 4 9s myself now. At the time the mini article was written in the SMR there was only one 9, now there are 18.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Send it on - 8.5
  • between an 8 and 8.5. The bottom left is too soft and the edge a little frayed to be a 9 IMO.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with an 8 or 8.5 like others have. I have a few nice ones of this card that hopefully I'll send in some day. Good luck with the grade. Doug
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, it will definitely be in my next submission. I immediately thought 9 as well, but the way PSA seems to be grading lately it might be an 8.5. Their standards are getting higher and higher. The scan shows fray in the bottom left but really it's the upper right that might keep it out of a 9. I will remain optimistic! I have had a hell of a time sending in minis and getting anything better than an8
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection