Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For 1980 topps baseball collectors...

Good morning everyone....i have a yet another question about the 1980 topps baseball set that i wanted to pick some of your brains on and i may even email joe orlando about this. Do any of you know if its possible to get a psa 10 "name in yellow" card? I have noticed that there are absolutely no psa 10 name in yellow cards out there and i was wondering if this was due to the fact that maybe psa regarded this as somewhat of a defect therefore a 10 will never happen. I have seen plenty of fred stanley psa 9 name in yellow variations that look to me that they could be a 10 but for whatever reason they aren't. I believe in total there are 4 cards that this scenario is possible with in this set...is it a defect, a variation or a little of both lol? I know these variations exist because of the printers running out of ink so i'm wondering what gives and if its even possible to get a gem 10 in it..any help is appreciated. Have a good holiday fellas
Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

Comments

• Options

Definately possible to get a 10, just very difficult as most 1980 topps cards are. If it was considered a flaw PSA would simply attach a qualifier to it's grade to signify such. If a 10 should surface you could expect to see something near 4 figures
    It never leaves you...