Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does what's in the news ever affect your buying habits?

I admit for me, I tend to buy less when especially dire things are in the news (like they are now).

I'm sure for many it's the opposite as the hobby is also an escape...

Comments

• Options
    Evening,

I'm unloading my Assad Bashar Cards....think the heaven's are about to come raining down!!!image

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I will answer later, im busy hiding under the bed!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm unloading my Assad Bashar Cards....think the heaven's are about to come raining down!!! >>

Bashar was never, ever going to be half the baller his pops, Hafez, was anyhow.

But you may want to hold onto those Bashar cards... if he is removed, the masses may soon be nostalgic for him as we have seen with Mubarak, Barre, Najibullah, Saleh, Ben Ali, Pahlavi, and even Hussein.

To answer the OPs question... nope, it doesn't impact my spending one bit. I think the only exception was almost 12 years ago already.

Snorto~
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Being in the card hobby has and always will be my escape from the everyday grind. Good news or bad my involvement in my collection is in no way swayed by what's happening in the world. Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625
    Does elsnorto live in Iran ?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i really can't envision anything more fun than panic in the streets with vintage cards flying everywhere.

Cardmageddon.
  • Options

<< <i>Does elsnorto live in Iran ? >>

No, obviously not given both my endorsement of Hafez al-Assad and Reza Pahlavi, either of which would be sufficient for the Guardian Council to dispatch the Basiji upon me.

More obvious still should be my pictured white turban that is traditionally worn by sheikh, mu3alim, and state sanctioned imam in the Fergana Valley Region of eastern Uzbekistan.

Duh. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does elsnorto live in Iran ? >>

No, obviously not given both my endorsement of Hafez al-Assad and Reza Pahlavi, either of which would be sufficient for the Guardian Council to dispatch the Basiji upon me.

More obvious still should be my pictured white turban that is traditionally worn by sheikh, mu3alim, and state sanctioned imam in the Fergana Valley Region of eastern Uzbekistan.

Duh. image

Snorto~ >>

All that may be true, but I dont trust that purple cape, whats up with that!!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    When I hear in the news that something happened on the freeway and it is bumper to bumper on the wife's drive home -- I have a couple extra minutes to cruise bbce and ebay -- so my buying habits spike during traffic jams (which I hear about on the news).
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    No.
  • Options
    Well, dire times are the best buying opportunities so if you feel times are dire (they aren't) then buy buy buy.