Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Did Anyone Else Receive This Strange Message From Ebay? They Limited Us to 250 Items and $1.5 Milli

numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Odd message from eBay today. It may be due to a buyer who backed out of two very large (five-figure) transactions with us on eBay. He bought the first lot, paid with an e-check and it bounced. Then he doubled his order, paid with an e-check and then that one bounced. Now I get this strange notice from eBay....

Is it just me, or does this have the look and feel of something written overseas? Overall, the message doesn't make much sense, and the "we appreciate your time" closing comment seems odd.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ------------,

Our goal is to make eBay a safer place for buying and selling. As part of this effort, we've placed a selling limit on your account.

In our continued effort to help meet this goal, all sellers have limits placed on their accounts. If you want to further grow your business, we will increase your selling limits as you show that you're able to successfully handle your current volume.

You can list up to 250 items or $1,500,000 per calendar month. Keep in mind that this includes multi-quantity listings. If you reach your selling limit and want to increase your listing activity please reply to this email on or after September 30th. We'll review your account to see if adjustments can be made.

We want to help you succeed so that we can provide a positive buying and selling environment. Here's more information regarding selling limits:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/limits-on-sellers.html

We appreciate your time.

Thanks,
eBay

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No my last message from them was 500 free listings over the weekend. And thats with just a basic store.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    most likely phishing, even the address they provided. Normally when ebay places limits they will call you and request specific seller information to insure that you can deliver what you sell. Been there.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>most likely phishing, even the address they provided. Normally when ebay places limits they will call you and request specific seller information to insure that you can deliver what you sell. Been there. >>

That's what I though at first, However, I checked and the message was also received in the Ebay messaging system. Besides, they did not put a link or ask for anything.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the reply to address?

I'd call ebay.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CeephusCeephus Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I also got one recently. It said something about a me having another account tied to my regular account. They said they had to lower the limit until the other account became established.

I didn't handle it yet, but it was also in my ebay messages.

Unless the scammers have found a way to hack into the ebay message system, I would assume it is real. When I'm in the mood to deal with them I will give them a call.
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭
    I can see how two big unsuccessful transactions in a row would raise a flag and cause them to put the training wheels back on, but 250 listings/month seems very limiting.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran this url through Norton safe web search and found this on E-Bay. Sounds close but not the same.

Ken
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ran this url through Norton safe web search and found this on E-Bay. Sounds close but not the same.

Ken >>

However, they both result in the same page with identical URLs.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gorilla must have gas from eating too many nuts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file