Home Precious Metals
Options

Silvertowne free shipping through Labor Day

No minimum purchase.......Better than some other sites I know image
"I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    No minimum? Wow. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if their premiums more than make up for the shipping, I've never shopped with ST.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No minimum? Wow. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if their premiums more than make up for the shipping, I've never shopped with ST. >>

Good point. They sell their silver bars at a significant premium over melt. JM Bullion sells Silvertowne silver bars cheaper and your total order may be less even though JP Bullion charges for shipping.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    its pays for me, I don't buy a lot at once...
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

I wonder if their premiums more than make up for the shipping, I've never shopped with ST. >>

Another factor that brings their premium up is the fact that you can only pay with CC.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>

Another factor that brings their premium up is the fact that you can only pay with CC. >>

So, if you want free shipping you have to pay the credit card premium?

• Options
    same price, as listed
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

<< <i>

Another factor that brings their premium up is the fact that you can only pay with CC. >>

So, if you want free shipping you have to pay the credit card premium? >>

As far as I know, the only payment they accept is CC, free shipping or not.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    Silvertowne makes some nice bars but are they worth the premium over OPM, Sunshine Minting, NTR, and similar bars that they are available from several other bullion web sites?

• Options
    As an example, Silvertowne currently selling their 50 oz bar for $1343 while JM Bullion is currently selling the same bar for $1259.90. That's an $83.10 difference in price so even with free shipping it's hardly a bargain to buy from Silvertowne. It pays to comparison shop and then compare the bottom line total cost.

• Options
    I saw this posting thought I would put my two cents in. If you go to eBay. (might be a dirty word to some people here, but hear me out) Silvertowne has a store their they sell the same bars for less than there website along with free shipping. I have acquired a few 5 oz. silver bars that way. As for the 50 oz. bar that premuim that they are selling that bar for is a bit much, but I don't know how many of us are in the market for a bar that size. Just saying.
    Goal: To stack'em high and fat!
  • Options
    ill make sure not to post here anymore, what a bunch of nit pickers ( thread was a heads up for people who don't buy too much at once and can save a few bucks off of the shipping) if you wanna list what's the 'best buys online", go make a thread on it
  • Options

<< <i>ill make sure not to post here anymore, what a bunch of nit pickers ( thread was a heads up for people who don't buy too much at once and can save a few bucks off of the shipping) if you wanna list what's the 'best buys online", go make a thread on it >>

Lowbudget for you to make us aware of free shipping by Silvertowne is of all intensive purposes good intentions on your part. But to say that the contributors to your thread were nit picking, I have to take umbrage to your last statement. People will point out the good and the bad to everything one says or does that is the human nature. Get over it. Develop a thicker skin. If I made you aware of a place for you to get a better deal than the one you suggested I am so sorry that I nit pick.

Are you kidding me!
    Goal: To stack'em high and fat!
  • Options
    LowBudget---The only purpose of my post was to point out that one must do some comparison shopping to get the best deals and that Silvertowne has high prices and their prices can be beaten even when they are offering free shipping. I'm not sure why you are taking this so personally.