Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Suspect Ryan RC

Noticed this sale:

Ryan 9

But compared to this Ryan 9 auction the card and flip look different even with the same certification number:

Ryan 9

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    It's definitely a different label, but the card looks the same to me.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's definitely a different label...... >>

Where is the label different?

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Where is the label different?

image >>

The barcodes seem to be different, but maybe that is attributable to the scanners?

Snorto~
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    It is a different label, no question. Look at the cert number as it relates to "Ryan", it lines up differently on each flip. For example, the zero is between the A and N on the left card, yet under the N on the right. The barcode starts flush with the J on the left, yet starts left of the J on the right. The entire third line is maybe a half character left on the second. All of that said, the cards look similar.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's definitely a different label...... >>

Where is the label different?

image >>

Look at the 1 in 177 over the T in mint and the Ryan over the certification number is to the left of the numbers in the eBay sale. The cards boarder looks thick on the top and thin on the left side compared to Memory Lane. Also the back of the eBay sale is thin on the top. Looks OC or trimmed.
  • Options
    Going to ebay to get a better look, that card is trimmed or an outright fake. Doesn't come close to filling the holder length or width.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    The Memory Lane is legit; the ebay is counterfeit.

As has already been mentioned, look no further than the positioning of "RYAN" in comparison to the cert number.

• Options
    Take a look at the flip on the one sold in June for 5525.00, item 300916462793

The flip literally looks like it has been crumbled in someone's pocket. Fonts suck too.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    its hard to say definitively because one is photographed and the other scanned. The differences pointed out are so minute that the one photographed on an angle could make it seem different.
  • Options

<< <i>its hard to say definitively because one is photographed and the other scanned. The differences pointed out are so minute that the one photographed on an angle could make it seem different. >>

No, it's not. There is no question about it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>its hard to say definitively because one is photographed and the other scanned. The differences pointed out are so minute that the one photographed on an angle could make it seem different. >>

No, it's not. There is no question about it. >>

ok, I reread the thread and took note of what people observed and I can see it now. One of them is a fake.

ok. Its been removed. So I guess mystery solved.
  • Options
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just look at the red border around the label. It is different.
    James
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone bought a $5,000 fake! Hope they enjoy it!
  • Options
    Which one is Milton Bradley?
  • Options
    I don't know, but I finally got a nice Topps one thanks to YOU Stormtrooper!!!!! image

• Options
    PS - I LOVE that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get back with SOOOOOOOOO many people by just showing that one scan!!!! image
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like someone bought a $5,000 fake! Hope they enjoy it! >>

I don't think the cards fake, just a altered Ryan with a fake 9 flip.
  • Options

<< <i> don't think the cards fake, just a altered Ryan with a fake 9 flip. >>

The color seems really off to me. Look especially where Koosman is and the blue ball with New York Mets in the middle. Just seems really washed out and faded. I am voting "fake".
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    there may other fakes out there using the same serial number and other with different serial numbers in multitude, it's been discussed before with documented proof.

but i'm too lazy to go find the other threads. someone will. image

Bobby stop yelling.