Home Precious Metals
Options

capefearcoinsstore on ebay ...lol

rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
ok these clowns are true pieces of work...

they were the buyer of the odd weight jm bar reported sold on 7/29/13 for $580...at a fair price...
jm bar

they now have listed, this "extremely rare" "rare opportunity" for $995 obo, lol... dang big rise so fast, same bar?...
rare jm lol
keceph `anah

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen such a highly polished J-M bar.image
    Has anyone ever seen such a highly polished J-M bar? If the polishing was performed outside the J-M factory, what effect does this have on the collector premium of this bar?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Gold ol fashion capitalism.

I think the $580 price was a good buy.

A lot of people, including me, will put a high BIN and then take offers.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold ol fashion capitalism.

A lot of people, including me, will put a high BIN and then take offers. >>

Agreed. People can ask whatever they want for their wares. If someone offered them $750 I am sure they would gladly accept.

Sometimes I too am "guilty" of listing an item at a higher than normal BIN with best offer enabled.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold ol fashion capitalism.

A lot of people, including me, will put a high BIN and then take offers. >>

true, true...
    but i see a lil alchemy in your quote...lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cape Fear great flick, "I'm gonna show you the meaning of loss".
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never seen such a highly polished J-M bar.image
    Has anyone ever seen such a highly polished J-M bar? If the polishing was performed outside the J-M factory, what effect does this have on the collector premium of this bar? >>

I do believe it has been highly buffed since thye original sale. Look at the mark rising up from the second 9 in 9990.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

Has anyone ever seen such a highly polished J-M bar? If the polishing was performed outside the J-M factory, what effect does this have on the collector premium of this bar? >>

I do believe it has been highly buffed since thye original sale. Look at the mark rising up from the second 9 in 9990. >>

Usually the punched in numbers and logos have raised metal around their periphery from the metal displacement but in this case they are rounded off which indicates it was heavily buffed. As a collectable bar it's value has been reduced to near its melt value as far as I'm concerned.

• Options

<< <i>

I do believe it has been highly buffed since thye original sale. Look at the mark rising up from the second 9 in 9990. >>

I have a JM bar just like this and mine came with a mirror like surface. There are no swirls on it or scratches, my guess is this is the way they were produced.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have a JM bar just like this and mine came with a mirror like surface. There are no swirls on it or scratches, my guess is this is the way they were produced. >>

Some struck/pressed bars were produced with proof-like surfaces. The cast bars normally have the texture associated with cast bars. Can we get a pic of your bar?

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats wrong with someone trying to make a buck?

If you dont like the price then dont buy it.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Whats wrong with someone trying to make a buck?

If you dont like the price then dont buy it. >>

Nothing wrong with making a buck as long as the merchandise is properly represented with full disclosure of any problems.

• Options

<< <i>I have a JM bar just like this and mine came with a mirror like surface. There are no swirls on it or scratches, my guess is this is the way they were produced. >>

Bingo. Just like the bull-logo half kilo in presentation box. Well, with exception of one known example image
    “Be so good they can't ignore you.” — Jerry Dunn