Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Modern sub - nearly lost package - turned out ok

Anyone have experience or know average time to log at BGS? sent 11 cards in priority and no word yet after 7 BD. bad part is that my mail room screwed up and didn't add tracking so I hope they get there at all.
Would be a shame about 1000 in cards. Obviously I will be using the post office direct from now on.

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted cards one time to BGS and it was at least 5 business days after they recieved them that they were logged. It might have been 7 in reality.

They did complete the order right on time.

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what service level, if you went 45BD, your looking at about 6 weeks before loggage. BUT, that time counts toward the final due date.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have mentioned mine was a special first time submission offer that was a 10 day service level.

• Options
    Thanks. Fingers crossed the package made it. I did the 10 day service but the August special is to free upgrade it to 5 days so technically they should have turned it around already. I hope they made it.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got an order back a couple of weeks ago. they should have sent you an email saying that the cards were received the day they received them. the order won't be listed until a couple of day before they will be shipped.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    So after 2.5 weeks no sign of my package. My mail room is doing a search but is basically at a loss - and BGS says they have not received. Mail room screwed up on the tracking number but really I have to assume that some body at post office took the package home.
    So at this point I am down 11 decent cards.
    Is anyone comes across a 2012 bowman draft blue Auto of Albert almora 132/150 and a 2012 topps rookie premier of Andre luck auto 72/90 let me know. They are stolen.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I don't trust anyone to mail out my stuff for me.

I'll buy the postage (and associated services) and print the label at home, put it on the package, then take the package to the post office and watch them scan it in.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

It's getting bad with thiefs at USPS lately. Just a reflection of hard times unfortunately. I'm dealing with a similiar problem with a much larger package. Somehow my package that I hand delivered and had scanned in didn't make it past the post office I dropped it off at. They of course know nothing and now I have to go back there tomorrow to get loud assuming they will just shrug their shoulders because it's too much work to look into it. Here's the good part....the package weighed almost 40 lbs and was almost 40 inches long. How does one lose that package. It's actually pretty simple...it was stolen by your workers (worth $1200, of course).
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    BGS logged my order today so a big phew just went out
    thanks for the advice and anecdotes guys
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Raulsmaster did you insure the package?

Robb
  • Options

Sad but true. It's funny how insurance is listed at the PO under extra services. Yes I'd like to pay extra for you to do the basic tenet of your job.
    I know things get lost but someone has to step up and take responsibility. Had a $600 package go MIA after it went out for delivery with a signature confirmation and the guy wasn't home. It's supposed to go back to the PO but never made it there. Laughable.
  • Options
    Is it even possible that your mail dept can send a package via Priority Mail and the package does NOT have a tracking number on the label? Shouldn't the mail dept have a billing history of its shipments that would reflect the charge for your package? Perhaps the culprit is in your mail room.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Options

<< <i>Is it even possible that your mail dept can send a package via Priority Mail and the package does NOT have a tracking number on the label? Shouldn't the mail dept have a billing history of its shipments that would reflect the charge for your package? Perhaps the culprit is in your mail room. >>

That was my initial issue and I took it up with them. They are changing their policy and not calling it priority mail service anymore. But regardless once the package got out I was just concerned with it arriving or being returned and not ending up in some one's pocket.

The good news is it arrived and going forward i will stick with fed ex for my subs - better tracking and insurance - worth the proce for piece of mind...
  • Options
    Here are the results just for fun.

S.No # Set Name Player Name Final Grade Auto Grade JSA Cert #
    7815825 1982 Topps Bob Bonner RC/Cal Ripken RC/Jeff Schneider RC/Birthdate for Jeff Scheider is wrong 7.5 0.0 NG
    7815826 1993 Stadium Club Murphy Derek Jeter RC 9.5 0.0 NG
    7815827 1993 Stadium Club Murphy Derek Jeter RC 9 0.0 NG
    7815828 2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs Gold Refractors Ty Hensley 9.5 10.0 NG
    7815829 2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs Gold Refractors Kevin Plawecki 9.5 10.0 NG
    7815830 2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Blue Refractors Matt Harvey 9.5 0.0 NG
    7815831 2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs Blue Refractors Albert Almora 9.5 10.0 NG
    7815832 2012 Bowman Sterling Prospects Black Refractors Alen Hanson 9 0.0 NG
    7815834 2012 Bowman Platinum Prospect Autographs Gold Refractors Dylan Bundy 9.5 10.0 NG
    7815836 2012 Topps Rookie Premiere Autographs Andrew Luck 9 9.0 NG
    7815851 2012 Bowman Platinum Relic Autographs Mike Trout 8.5 10. NG
  • Options
    Don't care for BGS, but what does NG stand for at the end? Nice going, Neat grade, New Guy, Now Grading, Not Gradeable, Not Guaranteed?
    It's gotta be Not Guaranteed right?
  • Options
    yeah one of those - no grade i think for JSA
    not sure really - only sub'd this batch because they were modern and threw a few extras in like the jeter and ripken.