Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is it possible to remove a sticker auto from a card and put it on a different card?

Before anyone jumps on my for asking....I was curoius if this is possible. Ron Mix played with the Raiders one year, but he doesn't have any cards of him pictured in a Raiders uniform. I was thinking about creating a custom "base" card, and taking the sticker off a card like this one

and putting it on my Raiders custom so I could have an auto of him in a Raiders uniform for my HOF PC. Does anyone know if this is possible, and what the best way to do it is?
Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    He is very cheap at shows. Why not just send in a Raiders card for him to sign?
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭
    There aren't any; otherwise I would. I am getting a Raiders custom done though and was going to put the sticker on it. It'll be a glossy surface, and I'm a bit worried the signature won't turn out

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    You'd probably be better off buying something like this Tristar "cut" autograph, cutting the auto out, and building your own card around it.

link to cut sig
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There aren't any; otherwise I would. I am getting a Raiders custom done though and was going to put the sticker on it. It'll be a glossy surface, and I'm a bit worried the signature won't turn out >>

Used a staedtler pen to sign and it will work out for you.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There aren't any; otherwise I would. I am getting a Raiders custom done though and was going to put the sticker on it. It'll be a glossy surface, and I'm a bit worried the signature won't turn out >>

Used a staedtler pen to sign and it will work out for you. >>

I've used a staedtler pen, and they look great. downfall is they take longer to dry and the chance of smearing increases. Mix's auto'd cards sell for $3-5....I figure even if I ruin one or two it wouldn't be a big deal, and I know the signature will turn out then.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Used a staedtler pen to sign and it will work out for you. >>

I agree with the Staedtler pen and you can prep the glossy card too if you are concerned.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree with the Staedtler pen and you can prep the glossy card too if you are concerned..... >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I agree with the Staedtler pen and you can prep the glossy card too if you are concerned..... >>

image >>

I actually prefer the magic eraser for prep work. It's way less messy, and seems to be more effective.

But nonetheless - I'd rather not pay a $20 signing fee when I get get 4 or 5 sticker autos for that price. I'm having someone create a custom for me. Since he played only 1 year - in 1971 he's going to use that year's card design. It'll look like this, and will become more transparent as it approaches the bottom so the sticker will show through nicely.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>I actually prefer the magic eraser for prep work. It's way less messy, and seems to be more effective. >>

This one?

...........................................OR THIS ONE .......................................................

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Mr Clean image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I'll reply to your question -- I believe it is totally possible. I have heard stories of people doing it.

If I was going to do it -- I'd try and get the sticker started from a corner and then use a small applicator -- like a modeling paintbrush -- to spread some sort of de-gooping agent on the back of the sticker and work it slowly and I think it would come off.

Then, you'd have to ifnd a way to restick it to the new card -- i'm not sure what sort of adhesive would work, but I am sure you could find something.

I wonder if you soaked the donor card in water deep enough to saturate the card, but not the sticker if you could convince the sticker to come free that way.

I have no idea if this would work, but that's what I'd try. If you don't have your custom already started, you might see if they could insert a cut sig (cut from a sticker) in the card -- it would look pretty slick.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Did you contact the Raiders PR deptmartment? You might be able to get a photo rom them, though I do like your custom card. Getty Images could be another source.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    "department"
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Its done.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    woot woot. you're the best Jeffrey!!

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Great Job guys! Looks real nice!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I don't know much about Ron Mix, but he looks like the original badass in that Chargers card.
  • Options
    That's a different auto from the first auto card above....the "n" is different...Looks great!
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    I bought another one off Ebay because the x looked smeared a but. I liked the second auto better

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Looks great. What software are you using to creat the custom card?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks great. What software are you using to creat the custom card? >>

Photoshop
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page