Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Personal Worst

Calendar day 84 (and counting) for a submission breaks my old record of 83 days. I wonder what the record is. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Why don't they just change the "estimated" days upward? It would come across as way less irritating. It's obvious they have no plans of ever actually consistently delivering on anywhere close to the current estimates.

jbox
  • Options
    jgrigalijgrigali Posts: 364 ✭✭
    i just had an order received on 7/13/2013 and shipped 8/23/2013, 61 cards on a standard special. I think it just depends on how much variety you send in. My order had just 3 different sets.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i just had an order received on 7/13/2013 and shipped 8/23/2013, 61 cards on a standard special. I think it just depends on how much variety you send in. My order had just 3 different sets. >>

I tend to agree, all my submissions this year have been from the same non-sport set, and half of them have popped in a week or less, a few did take about 30
    days, but never anything close to what I see others lamenting.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I thought I would look back over the past year+ and see what the general calendar day wait for regular specials are and see if I could see any correlation to size of order, time of year, etc. In each case the cards were a mixed back of baseball

Logged Date --Items -- Days
    6/27/2013 -- 50 -- 62 and counting
    6/27/2013 --289 -- 62 and counting
    5/20/2013 --161 -- 85
    5/16/2013 --15 -- 81
    4/9/2013 -- 296 -- 29
    1/11/2013 --159 -- 55
    10/26/2012 --352 -- 76
    7/23/2012 --137 -- 67
    6/29/2012 --58 -- 61
    4/21/2012 --114 -- 69

Averaged calendar days 65

Average business days 47 (just took 5/7th of calendar days so does not include holidays, etc.)

I don't see much to project future results from. Just will be hit and miss I suspect but I was surprised on average things got pretty close to being at 45 days over time.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA claims that there are specific graders who specialize in different issues, right? So it might make sense that sports submissions would take longer than non-sport, since I assume there are far fewer non-sports subs for those graders to handle. Or is this completely wrongheaded?
  • Options
    I have two subs well over 50 business days and I've emailed several times for an update and have not received a reply.
  • Options
    I spoke a bit too soon. I heard back. Got an apology, we are way behind please give us a few days etc. Also asked me to contact them once the subs pop so that they can issue me "a few vouchers for the delay"
  • Options

The last time I had an order go 7-8 business days over on a 80 piece order I received a $50 voucher from them. Is that consistent with what others have received when orders have run exceedingly over? I'd be interested to know so I know whether to negotiate or not when my order coming up goes well over which I anticipate based on this boards posts of late
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

No one has any voucher scenario's to pass along?
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>No one has any voucher scenario's to pass along? >>

If this is what you mean:

Submitted my collector's club free 7 day 6 sub certificate.

Recieved on 8/9/13. Billed for return shipping on 8/28/13, shipping date still 'N/A'.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I spoke a bit too soon. I heard back. Got an apology, we are way behind please give us a few days etc. Also asked me to contact them once the subs pop so that they can issue me "a few vouchers for the delay" >>

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose. My most recent order, only 68 items, was 117 calendar days from loggage to shipment (didn't do the math but I'm sure well over 45 business days). I never heard anything about apology vouchers. Perhaps I should complain more next time. Are the vouchers only distributed for non-economy or non-monthly-special orders, where the quantity of days is much lower or the price paid per graded item is higher?
  • Options

Not in my case, it was a bulk special. It seems that if you don't call to inquire enough you will miss out on the offer or at least the potential for one. I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a response to this topic as orders are getting progessively longer wait times of late
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I spoke a bit too soon. I heard back. Got an apology, we are way behind please give us a few days etc. Also asked me to contact them once the subs pop so that they can issue me "a few vouchers for the delay" >>

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose. My most recent order, only 68 items, was 117 calendar days from loggage to shipment (didn't do the math but I'm sure well over 45 business days). I never heard anything about apology vouchers. Perhaps I should complain more next time. Are the vouchers only distributed for non-economy or non-monthly-special orders, where the quantity of days is much lower or the price paid per graded item is higher? >>

I didn't really complain I just asked for an update. I've done the same on previous subs that have gone long and nothing was ever mentioned about vouchers. I have no idea what or how many vouchers they are talking about.
  • Options
    Should have also noted that the reply I got asked me to "please give it a few more days" which is the exact same thing I am asked to do on every sub I inquire about and it has always gone on much longer than a few more days.
  • Options

That's interesting. I didn't complain either but just made note of shortcomings in a subtle way. Doesn't appear as if many are given out so there might not be any rhyme or reason
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    I was very happy to get a 50.00 Voucher on my last submission.

I emailed to ask if they could confirm my order was not misplaced since it was like 40 working days on a 30 day submission of
    6 oversize Boxing tickets ( all Supersized (Check) - 4 1/4" x 10" holders ), Never got a response.

Called like a week later and was told they were behind and give it to the end of the week. Asked if they could at least let me know
    if they had been reviewd by the first grader yet of if they were waiting for the second review ? was told they could not tell me anything
    except that they had been recieved.

Called again the next monday and asked the same question about the status of the tickets (first or second grader process) and again
    told they could not tell me. I explained the time was not really the issue but I was getting concerned they may have been misplaced or
    worse yet lost and only really needed to have my concerned addressed as these were key items from my collection. Was then told they
    would put a rush on the order and to message them back after I received them for some Vouchers.

After I did get them I emailed requesting the Vouchers and was told they were sending 1 butdid not mention the amount.
    When I got it I was surprised it was for 50.00 as I really did not expect to get anything but very pleased they did try to make up
    for the delay. Oh its good for 1 year from the Issue date.

• Options

Yeah, they didn't offer up the amount that they would be able to give me until I ask how much the voucher would be for. She then did some "calculating" and came up with that figure although I believe she already knew but wanted it to seem exclusive to me so I would feel special
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625
    As there ever been any reports of graders going 'postal' like mailmen because there is always more and more and more and they go insane ?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I have an order from June 3rd that still has not popped, so I'm at one of my longest waits ever....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being sarcastic at all, but just basing it on actual recent poppage data, I would give your June order another 3 weeks before you see it in hand. My oldest pending order was logged June 12, and I don't expect to see the results until the last week of September with the going backlog they have now.
  • Options
    My 8.16 sub popped last night and was shipped today. Ironically, I have four other submissions in previous to that one. No clue.....

Order # Submission # Date Received Date Shipped Status Items Service Department
    20730### 4899### 8/16/2013 8/29/2013 OK 25 Monthly Special 5 PSA
  • Options

<< <i>As there ever been any reports of graders going 'postal' like mailmen because there is always more and more and more and they go insane ? >>

• Options
    This is not good news for me. I just sent in a nice-sized order to take advantage of the August bulk special. Looks like I could be waiting until 2014 for mine. image