Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How far back does the "Search" feature go on the Message Boards?

Is there a way to find posts from five years ago, or more? That would be interesting.
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    using the advanced search feature, I found a thread from 2004. That was a few months ago.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    For whatever reason, the advanced search feature does not work on Chrome. Know it does for IE and think FF works as well.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For whatever reason, the advanced search feature does not work on Chrome. Know it does for IE and think FF works as well. >>

The little copyright notice at the bottom of the page says that the board's software is "Copyright © 1999-2002". Chrome didn't exist back then, but I bet if you're rocking a Netscape or Mosiac browser, this board is fully functional and optimized for your 56k modem.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    So, depending on what browser I use, Advanced Search can access further back?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, because for a long time, I could not use the search feature using Firefox. I could only use it with IE.
    However, I just tried using it with Firefox, and it worked.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Interesting, because for a long time, I could not use the search feature using Firefox. I could only use it with IE.
    However, I just tried using it with Firefox, and it worked. >>

About 2-3 weeks ago FF started working again when using the SEARCH feature. Not only does it work, but it's fast as hell!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, depending on what browser I use, Advanced Search can access further back? >>

Correct. Play with the keywords, aliases, and sometimes dates but narrow down the categories to 1 or 2 sub-forums.

edited to add: you can also do an advanced search via google. something sorta kinda but not really like website:forums.collectors.com "blah"
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So, depending on what browser I use, Advanced Search can access further back? >>

Correct. Play with the keywords, aliases, and sometimes dates but narrow down the categories to 1 or 2 sub-forums.

edited to add: you can also do an advanced search via google. something sorta kinda but not really like website:forums.collectors.com "blah" >>

The quick way to do a domain search in google is: If I wanted "bo jackson" articles, for example, I'd just open google.com and put "bo jackson site:http://forums.collectors.com/" in the search box. Go. Done.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    For those who use Google Chrome and don't want to install FireFox or IE just to be able to use the search function here, you can get the "IE Tab" plug in for Chrome. It allows you to essentially open up a IE emulated tab within Chrome for sites that require IE extensions to work properly.

Snorto~
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I did a random search and came up with threads from 2001.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    If you go back far enough, you can read great posts by JoeStalin, Joey, and BigKidatHeart.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    There is a secret archive that only greencrow has access to. It goes back the farthest.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15