Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    got off easy in my book. He should have been forced to repay the insurer back along with penalty and interest as well as time in jail.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Another alt, I wonder what member this is.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Hopefully this Haiku is very different from Blowout Card's Haiku. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    PLEHRPLEHR Posts: 102
    So he collected $56,000 from FIVE individual claims! I wonder how many times he thought he'd actually get away with it?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hopefully this Haiku is very different from Blowout Card's Haiku. image

Snorto~ >>

that was my first thought as well
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Snorto~ >>

that was my first thought as well >>

+2
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I bet it was that fur1972 guy on another forum.

How many times can someone file insurance fraud without getting caught? Knock on wood but I have only submitted one insurance claim (Other than health care) in my life and that was for hail damage. Just have to love people working the system. I will say it a million times. This hobby brings out the best and worst in people.
  • Options

<< <i>So he collected $56,000 from FIVE individual claims! I wonder how many times he thought he'd actually get away with it? >>

Yup, a well orchestrated, flawlessly executed con game.

Unlike, say, spending months doing almost nothing other than hyping the rarity of 1979T cases and then trying to sell one for $20K+ via some convoluted auction where you make up the rules as you go. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Snorto~ >>

that was my first thought as well >>

+2 >>

I read the artile looking for Haiku in it 3 times. Couldnt figure out why you guys said it was him.....then looked at this thread again today and DOH
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    an ex police man
    claimed Mantle cards were stolen
    he is a liar

(haiku)

• Options

Snorto~ >>

Urban Dictionary. check out what snorto means, kinda afraid to even reply in this forum now.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Sentencing was expected to include a minimum of four years felony probation and an order to pay $7,055 in restitution as well as court fines.

Now I know why my insurance premiums are so high......
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658