Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What grade you think this card gets?

The upper right cover is not a fold, its discolored. Any chance it get a 7 or a 8?

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    My guess is that it would grade a PSA 6, based on the discolored corner. That could have been the result of a screw down holder that was squeezing it too tight over time. It is a shame too, because it looks good otherwise.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    One defect like that drop that much?
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the yellow/gold mark (on the left border in the white) on the card or holder?
  • Options
    It is on the card. image Ok, I guess I am going to expect a low grade.
  • Options
    I'd grade it either way. A Jordan rookie is great in any grade.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is on the card. image Ok, I guess I am going to expect a low grade. >>

This is one card it may be advantageous to go with a grading company that does sub-grades image Even if it grades out a 6-6.5 overall, you've probably got a couple 9-10 sub-grades (centering looks to be a solid 9) which should bump its value to the high end of the range.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    If you don't get it graded at least get it into a more attractive holder.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

I'd be willing to bet that it's not even authentic. I don't even think it's that close.
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>I'd be willing to bet that it's not even authentic. I don't even think it's that close. >>

I have a fake
    eprint one as well. The color is much darker.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd be willing to bet that it's not even authentic. I don't even think it's that close. >>

I have a fake
    eprint one as well. The color is much darker.

image >>

I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the card in your original post, as I'm no expert, but there are fake versions other than the one I'm quoting. That one has thin white borders on all sides which is a dead giveaway. There are other fakes that aren't so obvious. Some fakes are quite hard to spot from just looking at an image on the net. Best way to find out all your questions is to send it in to either PSA or Beckett and have it authenticated/graded.
  • Options
    I'd need a better scan, but it looks fake to me .

don't like how the black border on front looks, don't like how name on front looks, and don't like how the NBA Players logo on the back looks. hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    I'll have to put this card side by side with a real one to see. If its fake, I'll try to return it.