Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Deal or no deal?--My latest ebay gamble

rec78rec78 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
Coins dated from 1500-1800 have always intrigued me. I know nothing about islamic coins and will most likely just toss them to the side. I purchased this lot for the 1660 and 1514 coins.
This lot is a gamble but not much of one -cost me about $13.00 total. Any info on any of the coins(especially the islamic coins) would be appreaciated. What is your opinion on my purchase?
Feel free to criticize or comment in any way. ebay gamble I have not received the coins yet. Thanks, Bob

Comments

• AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Congrats , its not a gamble , but a steal.
    The German & Polish silver coins look very nice & original , post some better pics once you got 'm.
    the ones in the listing are tiny mini small.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Definitely can't go wrong on that lot of silver at that price! Even with the holes and whatnot, I am sure that is below melt value.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    no brainer
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    I would have jumped on this as well. It's a small gamble and even if the Islamic coins are just taken for silver value you should make out and still have the Polish and German coins, which do look nice in this seller's pretty tiny photographs. Please post pics when you receive!