Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When do you start to be concern?

Ok, long story short. Recently dealt with a person regarding a card. He sent me a paypal invoice which I paid. How long is the general rule for me to start being concern I am being ripped off with no contact from seller?

Comments

• Options
    The fact that he sent you an invoice and you didn't gift him the $$...should give you some peace of mind either way.
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    I am glad I didn't sent as "personal" instead I asked for an invoice. If I don't heard back in couple days, I might call paypal.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long has it been?
  • Options

<< <i>How long has it been? >>

2 days. The last replied was he will send tracking number once shipped. He hasn't reply to my email since. Maybe he is just busy.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus. Take a deep breath and step back from the ledge. I wouldn't even email him until two weeks.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry at all. As long as you don't send a Paypal gift you can easily dispute the case through Paypal. I would give the seller a few more days though. If he doesn't provide a tracking number or at least an update after 7 days then just open a case through Paypal and you will either get your money back or wake up the seller and get a tracking number.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>

2 days. The last replied was he will send tracking number once shipped. He hasn't reply to my email since. Maybe he is just busy. >>

lol Oh boy. The post office mail operates differently than email. Unless you bought a digital card, sit back and let it come to you.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

2 days. The last replied was he will send tracking number once shipped. He hasn't reply to my email since. Maybe he is just busy. >>

Don't post your EBAY ID or you will end up on a lot of blocked bidder lists. There are a lot of EBAY sellers on this board and this level of impatience will scare them off.

Give it some time. You are covered either way since you used the invoice.

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Don't post your EBAY ID or you will end up on a lot of blocked bidder lists. There are a lot of EBAY sellers on this board and this level of impatience will scare them off.

I hope you don't collect hockey.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    Let's play:

Foreigner (not as a denigration. Only in that the verb syntax makes it seem as though the person is using some type of translation software. I like the old joke: What can you say about a person speaking English with an accent? They know at least one more language than you do.)

Alt

or

Use your own adjective
  • Options
    Ok here is an update. He did send me an email on Tuesday night saying he is busy with school, work, etc. So I replied back saying ok, just let me know when he ships. I haven't heard from him since. I have sent another email yesterday. I am getting a little antsy. Since its labor day weekend, I'll give him until sometime next week then I will have to contact paypal.
  • Options
    2 days. Lmbo.

As everyone has already said, just chill. Keep in mind that its a holiday weekend. I would wait till Wednesday if I don't hear from them and POLITELY ask if its been shipped yet along with the tracking number.

Some people actually do have lives outside of these boards and eBay. Lol

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Relax... You're covered by PayPal and not everyone is going to process an order with the priority that one might expect. You'll end up giving yourself a serious case of the yips if you stress small things like this too much.
  • Options
    I am just a little antsy because this is a high dollar card other wise I am pretty chill.
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am just a little antsy because this is a high dollar card other wise I am pretty chill. >>

What's the card?
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    It's only been 2 days. No reason to be concernED yet.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am just a little antsy because this is a high dollar card other wise I am pretty chill. >>

What's the card? >>

BGS 8.5 Jordan rookie card.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You're going to want to get ahead of this thing. I suggest you file a police report ASAP.
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What's the card? >>

BGS 8.5 Jordan rookie card. >>

Well if the deal for the Jordan was to good to be true then I'd worry. Otherwise just give it some time.

Jeff
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    It's been way more than 2 days now. Since you paid with PAYPAL, you should be fine. Would I be a little concerned- YES. I believe the seller is being a douche. Most folks who deal with cards are inconsiderate. I hope this works out for you.

Mickey71
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I would call the post office and let them know first then if they
    don't get back to you file a police report..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Relax... You're covered by PayPal and not everyone is going to process an order with the priority that one might expect. You'll end up giving yourself a serious case of the yips if you stress small things like this too much. >>

But on the bright side, he'll feel right at home on these boards.
  • Options
    Anyone else think there's a chance that the OP is just trolling us b/c he knows this is the kind of thing that gets the board going?
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    If thats the case I thank him for a couple laughs... The "yips" comment really made me laugh..
    Collector Focus

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You're going to want to get ahead of this thing. I suggest you file a police report ASAP. >>

I think its too late for that. I say, scramble the jets!!!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You're going to want to get ahead of this thing. I suggest you file a police report ASAP. >>

I think its too late for that. I say, scramble the jets!!!image >>

I know these guys are joking about all this, but that sounds serious. The way to take care of this really is to go in person to the Police station and tell them how long this has been. They can get your money back.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    It funny, I have a guy who buys one or two cards a month from me, small $$ and has for a year or more. He always buys on a Friday and always emails by Sunday asking why there is no update on the tracking number yet from the post office, every time. I don't take it personally, but I do get a laugh out of it.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    It funny, I have a guy who buys one or two cards a month from me, small $$ and has for a year or more. He always buys on a Friday and always emails by Sunday asking why there is no update on the tracking number yet from the post office, every time. I don't take it personally, but I do get a laugh out of it.

I'm glad you find it amusing, but seriously, where are my cards?
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "I'm glad you find it amusing, but seriously, where are my cards?"

Now that's funny right there!
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    ring ring
    Paypal can I help you?
    Yes I paid for a card yesterday and it's not here yet? I think I have been scammed?
    Ok lets get some info from you and then we will freeze his account and pin his nuts to
    a tree so he never pulls this crap again. We won't get his side of the story because you the buyer is
    always right. We will not even listen to his side of the story because he is worthless scum and
    if we could we would freeze the account linked to his paypal account but we can't yet...
    Collector Focus

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    The real issue is did you get free shipping?

• Options

<< <i>It funny, I have a guy who buys one or two cards a month from me, small $$ and has for a year or more. He always buys on a Friday and always emails by Sunday asking why there is no update on the tracking number yet from the post office, every time. I don't take it personally, but I do get a laugh out of it.

I'm glad you find it amusing, but seriously, where are my cards? >>

There on the Bar at some Rats a$$ dive in Baltimore..................................That's where there at!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimageimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    I finally opened a dispute case with paypal.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I finally opened a dispute case with paypal. >>

It has been 8 days and you are just now opening a dispute? How many thousands of dollars are we talking about here?

Really you should have already hired a hitman, er I mean someone to go and get back your money in a friendly manner.

Are you new to this eBay buying game or something?

Also can you post your eBay user id by chance? We may be able to help you out even more with that info.
  • Options

<< <i>It funny, I have a guy who buys one or two cards a month from me, small $$ and has for a year or more. He always buys on a Friday and always emails by Sunday asking why there is no update on the tracking number yet from the post office, every time. I don't take it personally, but I do get a laugh out of it.

I'm glad you find it amusing, but seriously, where are my cards? >>

you got me to laugh out loud twice in one thread. You brought your A game. Still laughing as i type this.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Impatience can prove to be costly, especially when cooking pork or chicken.
  • Options
    Final update: It turns out the seller is a douche and a cheat. He never did deliver the item. Opened a claim and on the last day to provide a tracking number, he did, but its a bogus tracking number. I had to push paypal to review and they did. Finally got my money back.

Please avoid seller happy_person on ebay. he doesn't sell much cards but sometime it does that is when it can tricky.happy_person