Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping weight of wax packs, cellos and racks?

I've sold a few items on my unopened thread and wish to only charge the exact shipping cost. However, I don't know the weight. Can anyone tell me the weight in ounces or lbs of the following:

wax pack
cello
rack pack

Many thanks!

-Gary

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on your packing material. I would suggest using USPS Flat Rate Boxes. At least that way you know exactly what the shipping cost will be.
  • Options

<< <i>It really depends on your packing material. I would suggest using USPS Flat Rate Boxes. At least that way you know exactly what the shipping cost will be. >>

Agreed.

$5.50 for small boxes and envelopes. About $12 for medium. And $15 or $16 for large. (domestically of course)
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Buy a postal scale and print your postage online. It will end up saving you in the long run. Decent postal scales have been posted in threads here before, and are available for under $20.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Flat-rate boxes are sometimes a big money saver, but sometimes they're a waste of money. It's best to weigh the item, box, and packaging material beforehand to determine if a flat-rate box is cheaper or not.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Those Regional Rate boxes work great too, depending on where it's going. The nice thing about online postage (besides the discount and free DC) is you can see the cost of the different options as it pertains to your package and destination. Sometimes the Regional Rate boxes are cheaper than the Medium Flat Rate boxes.