Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Pricing help on a 1758 Unc Shilling...

Anyone know how to get a general retail price on a nice GREAT BRITAIN Shilling KM# 583.3 ? It is in a PCGS slab will Unc Details but very very nice...

Uncirculated condition and Krause only goes to $225 in XF

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    About $300-400 if genuinely uncirculated as it is by far the easiest G2 shilling to get. It all depends on what the reason was for giving it details, not all detractions being equal. You shouldn't need to look too hard to find another if there is a problem with it, but maybe there isn't anything wrong in the first place. image

Check for edge mount marks, lacquering, digs or scratches, cleaning etc.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Rob! It is a beautiful coin in hand with a toned reverse. It was slabbed as cleaned but I see no signs or hair lines under light. It is just that the obverse is not as toned as the reverse. Here is the cert number check it out... 27912885
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They (i.e., PCGS) realize the reverse image is upside down, right? LOL

Hard to tell from those images, but it appears to have hairlines to the left of George's nose in the fields.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the big images, yes they are there....no doubt. It has a lot of luster and the color is really nice in hand.
  • Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    The colours would suggest it has been dipped on the obverse only, but dipping is normally acceptable to the TPGs, even though it is technically cleaning IMO. The colour looks vibrant enough to possible be AT. Personally I would reject it on the colour, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc. There isn't a great deal of wear, but 2D images are never as good as in the hand.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    not quite my cup of tea but if you like it and it has luster, that goes a long way with me. maybe old old clean/retone? ET (encouraged?)

dunno. then again, what the heck do I know? I like stuff with holes in it.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look closely at these- there may be flecking or other issues associated with the production of these coins that is typical

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.