Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the most valuable cello/ rack pack ever?

I've been looking at the 1958 Football cello with Jim Brown on top and it got me wondering what the most valuable rack/cello ever is.

This thread has a 1960 rack with a Yaz rookie showing and a 68 Ryan so that's the best I've seen. Any other ocntenders?

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=671404&STARTPAGE=3

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    There are plenty of them out there with STARS on top ... which ones were made in a Topps Factory and which ones were made in a hotel room is the question.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    KurtisJosephKurtisJoseph Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    This is actually a tough question. Because you have to take into account, in my opinion, the condition of the star card as well.

We've all seen some great racks/cellos, but the off-centering and touched corners and print marks can sometimes be a turn off.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of valuable unopened material is wax packs, not cello or rack.

If you look through history of what rare wax packs have sold at Legendary / Mastro, for instance, there is a very large n-count of wax materials selling for $thousands or more per pack. In 2004, the 1952 five-cent wax box was probably the highest price ever paid for a group of wax-

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    There was a guy selling that Brown pack on ebay a few weeks back. It was on there for a few months. Not sure if he sold it or not.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Unless something pre War other than Sport Kings turns up, I suspect a '56 Topps nickel pack would push $20k and be the most valuable.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's