Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone here collect everything and anything of a certain player ?

Anybody here try to collect everything of a certain player ? Not just cards, but anything and everything else that has his picture on it.

Comments

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Bo Jackson. Haven't branched out much from the cards yet, however, I have plans to in the near future. Will share as I acquire in the Official Bo Jackson Thread. So far the only non-card items I have are match print photos which were used to make cards.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Lou Brock.

I am in the process of posting my entire collection over on the net 54 board Post War section.

I have over 300 unique items from 1962 to 1981.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    yup

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    Yes --- Yes I do

Many Gary Carter Items
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I collect all Ozzie Guillen items.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmon Killebrew
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    For a good 10-15 years I collected everything Dan Marino and Dolphins. It's now boxed up in the basement and hasn't been looked through since 2006. I have no interest in it now, so I should probably go through it and assess what I have.
  • Options
    I collect Jackie Robinson exclusively. And I love to mix it up with not just cards, but anything that has to do with him.

-Jason
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just like Mike I collect anything and everything of Gary Carter. From publications and posters to game used bats, uniforms and equipment to bobbleheads and advertising pieces, if Gary Carter is pictured on it I collect it. I also collect Roger Staubach in nearly the same manner except Staubach gamers are way out of my budget.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Clemente and Aaron for me. Cards, stamps, pins, coins, posters, inserts, figurines, marbles etc
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    So would this be in the Clemente collection, or is this going too far ? It's a TV guide from 1973, shortly after his plane crash.

[image[/URL]
  • Options
    Here is the TV Guide cover if you feel like adding the Clemente to your collection. Just keep checking ebay for it. It should show up eventually.

image[/URL]
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Brooks Robinson cards for me !
  • Options
    I wouldn't say "everything" but many different things for Byron Scott. Some collectors will buy every magazine that has a picture of their person/team which I don't do but to each their own.
  • Options
    Yup. I collect all things Walter Payton or Earl Campbell... with the exception of most paper (newspapers, magazines, etc.) items.

I skip on these items because it is hard to display them.... plus I don't like telling people I am into ephemera because it sounds dirty. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Yep, just about anything Willie Mays and Willie McCovey. I am always looking for anything with a HOFer on it. I travel a bunch and visit antique stores/malls, card shops, and resale shops when possible; old gloves, advertising, old pennants, unique items.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan Gable here!!!!!!!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable