Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

New Ancients for sale! Capitolinus denarius, Argos stater, Alexander the Great tetradrachm, Temple o

For your consideration are several ancients. All offers considered, as are trades, and shipping is included in the listed prices. Thanks!

Petillius Capitolinus denarius $750
Old cabinet toning with slight hints of iridescence

Iridescent toned Argos stater $3000
Well centered and struck on a broad flan with lovely iridescent toning, Choice Extremely Fine

Impressive Alexander the Great tetradrachm $2000
This used to be in an NGC AU* holder but I recently (carefully) cracked it out. It's a magnificent coin, far superior stylistically to the more common varieties. The "fabric" of the coin is also incredible: I've very rarely seen such pristine edges and such a great planchet. It has just a touch of wear on the highest points but is otherwise fantastic.

Well-struck Sikyon Stater $1780 (priced well below my cost because it doesn't "match" the rest of my collection anymore)
Ex. ForumAncientCoins: A solid example without the planchet flaws which are frequently seen on these coins

Temple of Jupiter at Heliopolis $400
Ex. CNG, using their image. A beautiful coin, VF, with a dark green patina

Beautiful Thessaly Drachm $900 possibly sold, but the buyer has become unresponsive
Ex. Philip Davis Collection, Choice Mint State with some iridescent toning. This is a stunning coin!

Thanks for looking!
Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection

Comments