Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1928 Fro-Joy babe Ruth what do you think she grades ? Off to BGS , think they'll grade it ?

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    -$10
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Good luck getting anyone to grade it- PSA hasn't graded FroJoy's in over a decade.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Pretty sure Beckett will grade them when they are sure it's good. That one looks good from the scan and if I had to guess I would say it's a 5 to a 5.5 unless there is something that can't be seen from the scan.
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭

<< <i>Good luck getting anyone to grade it- PSA hasn't graded FroJoy's in over a decade. >>

That's what I thought, but what's up with these in the newer flips. Does this mean they were all reholders or did they grade more recently? Would they even reholder something they don't grade anymore?

FroJoy auction
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't appear to have the detail required in several areas. But then again it's probably not a requirement for Beckett slabbing.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    need to use a blacklight to see if it glows....

99.5% of the B&W cards are fakes, 100% of the colorized ones are fakes, 100% of the blue tine ones are fakes (even the ones in PSA slabs)
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See attached pic, I read the ink dots on real must have dark rings around them
    These sure look like they do
    What do you think ?

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out to BGS today think she'll be graded ?
  • Options

<< <i>Out to BGS today think she'll be graded ? >>

It should go to the BVG group (not BGS). They will put it there when they receive it, most likely. I will guess it will grade but can't be 100% sure.....If they are 100% sure it's good, after they look at it, then they will do it. I have one in my personal collection that the senior grader there and I looked at, together, for a long time. They won't grade it. Neither of us can be sure 100% it's good so they took the safe route, which I agreed with. Good luck.