Mike Tyson on the verge of death..he says

robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
Tyson

Not sure what to make of this one.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    He's doing it to himself. He makes these decisions when he is sober. Can't feel bad for him. We have our own problems that aren't self inflicted.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's probably the most unintentionally entertaining athlete I've ever seen.

Sorry to hear this, but agree with Tomi--it's all self-inflicted and at this point, I wonder ven if it's all just part of his schtick to remain relevant and in the headlines. He's broke, after all.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I just want to know where Lamar Odom is.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a disease that tells him he doesn't have a disease. Yes what he has done is self inflicted, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a chance to change his life.

Alcoholism/drug addiction is still misunderstood. Read the book "The Last Boy" about Mickey Mantle and you will see that there are many people close to the alcoholic that enable and encourage this behavior for their own benefit.

I have never been a Tyson fan, but I hope that he can get, and stay, sober. I am sure he has suffered as much or more than the people that he has hurt.

Good luck Mike, hopefully you can make it one day at a time.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    He may have a disease but he was far from a pleasant guy or model citizen long before he started drinking or using drugs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That may or may not be true.

I never liked him and also thought he was over rated as a boxer. Yes, he had a big punch, but that was it.

All that I am saying is, I hope he can get his life together and from now on try to become a better person. Alcoholism and drug addiction is often the reason people behave horribly. Who knows when he started using?

He may relapse tomorrow and go back to being an a-hole. He will die long before his time if he doesn't stop using.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    All true but at some point a person has to be take responsibility for his poor behavior and do something about it. It's not like he doesnt have the resources to seek help. I guess I'm old school that way--I think in society today too many reasons are given to excuse poor behavior.

• Options
    Don't get me wrong, I am not excusing his behavior, he needs to first stop the bad behavior and then make amends (where possible) to those he has hurt.

Then he needs to continue to behave and start using his fame/popularity to speak out and help others that have his problem recover.

Eric Clapton would be a good example, many years of drug use and now he sponsors a treatment center.