Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1981 Topps ( 2 Stars ) Carter and Fisk Opinion

Anybody think these 2 star cards might have a shot at a 10 The other 3 are very low pop 10's if they have a shot

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/2dn5.jpg/]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carter looks good - I see a flaw on each of the others.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    I dont see any 10s there, even at low res. dont like t/b on carter for a 10.

if you havent subbed 81s before, tread lightly, they are brutal, with 9s really tough and 10s far more so.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I think the carter is the only one with a legit shot. however, I've seen worse 10s in holders.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>I dont see any 10s there, even at low res. dont like t/b on carter for a 10.

if you havent subbed 81s before, tread lightly, they are brutal, with 9s really tough and 10s far more so. >>

+1

If they relax on the top/bottom centering then you have a shot with Carter but
    I wouldn't bet on it.

No 10s that I can see; they're getting tougher on 1981 lately.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    The rule I follows is, if I own it raw, it is not a ten.
  • Options
    I learned the hard way years back. Cracked a vending case and landed a single 10, Baines, which was lost in the mail in the days before confirmation...
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Topps 1981 is such a tough set. If you see PSA 10s on eBAY for a decent price then buy 'em.

I'm not saying you can't sub some 10s but it's not gonna be easy. I can really see why
    some guys look to complete this set in PSA 9.

I have some potential 10s to submit from vending boxes but it's gonna be a while before I get to that.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carter and Lacy look good to me the others prolly no better than 9's, but you never know.

See if you can have 4SC submit them for you LOL.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Joe - thank you for making me choke. I almost posted the exact same thing myself.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions