Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Did Newman make a mistake not keeping the gem 1794?

2»

Comments

  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any room for discussion of sample slabs here? image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mistake is a little strong.

    Hmmmmm. I can either buy the Maserati or the Lamborghini. Gee, I sure hope I don't make a mistake here.......
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I think mistake is a little strong.

    Hmmmmm. I can either buy the Maserati or the Lamborghini. Gee, I sure hope I don't make a mistake here....... >>




    Just don't buy a Rothko. image
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I think mistake is a little strong.

    Hmmmmm. I can either buy the Maserati or the Lamborghini. Gee, I sure hope I don't make a mistake here....... >>

    No, you should have bought the 1957 Ferrari that recently sold for 27.5 million.

    Was in the family who auctioned it for 45 years. Not bad.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.




  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    Entertaining discussion here for sure.

    After reading thru this thread the one comment that struck me most was Cardinal's remark,
    "I think it can be difficult for us collectors in the 21st century to truly understand the collecting mind set of the 1930's."

    A collectors mindset. Yes. Hell, for that matter the mindset of anyone alive during the time of the great depression. Worlds away from where and who we are now.

    Mistake? I think not.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭
    It seems like you guys are attacking TDN for no good reason. Better to ask the OP his intents than to read something into words that isn't. By the way I've said far worse things in my past than anyone said here, for which I am still embarrassed.
    National Register Of Big Trees

    We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    liberating, for sure.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭
    Why don't someone ask him and see what he says?

    I like Cardinal very much and his insightful replies.

    I love all the Big Fish here.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Entertaining discussion here for sure.

    After reading thru this thread the one comment that struck me most was Cardinal's remark,
    "I think it can be difficult for us collectors in the 21st century to truly understand the collecting mind set of the 1930's."

    A collectors mindset. Yes. Hell, for that matter the mindset of anyone alive during the time of the great depression. Worlds away from where and who we are now.

    Mistake? I think not. >>



    THIS!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file