Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting auction.

Looks like the set was returned a few weeks ago as having "trimmed cards" but is now back up for auction. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181199162394?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Makes me not want to sell raw on Ebay........too subjective and everyone is an expert grader!
  • Options
    Is this auction yours? What if the original buyer is right?
  • Options
    The auction is not mine. And what if the original buyer is wrong?? Too many 'experts' with no training whatsoever. No offense, but I would rather take the opinion of PSA rather than Joe Blow any day.....
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for clarifying......I thought the buyer was talking about the ungraded cards. I agree man, PSA rocks!
  • Options

<< <i>I thought the buyer was talking about the ungraded cards >>

And what if he is?? If the buyer thinks they are trimmed, send them to PSA...let them be the judge. Too many variables.
  • Options
    Huh? Now you are losing me Bob........if there are cards that are short, the buyer should return them. We can see with our eyes if cards are short. You would offer a return for short cards wouldn't you?
  • Options
    If a card was blantantly short, then yes.....the cards should be returned....however, if the card has sharp corners, and the buyers thinks they are trimmed just because the corners are sharp.....I am just saying, everyone is an "expert". Grading is too subjective. One grader can say the card is trimmed, another grader can say the card is A-OK. I doubt very seriously these cards are trimmed. You should always proceed with caution - but doubt very seriously someone is going to trim a 1973 Billy Ray Smith card........
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    If you read the winner's feeback left for others, it seems he is no stranger to returning items. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    Uggg...my advice to that person is this. Just because a card is raw, don't automatically assume it is trimmed. A membership to PSA would be my recommendation for him/her.
  • Options
    As an avid 73 collector, I'd love to take a look at this set..and see what the buyer saw to make him think the cards were trimmed.