Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay and PSA reholder question

Quick question for PSA veterans out there. I purchased a PSA graded card for $20 on ebay. The card came to me damaged in transit with a surface crack a little over an inch long starting near the bottom left of the card running upwards towards the center of the card. (sorry haven't had a chance to take a pic to send to photobucket to send to here) I requested a refund from the seller and he came back with an offer of $10 stating that would cover the cost of reholdering the card. A couple of questions came to me and there are probably a few I am missing.

Can I reholder one card at a time?
Can I include a reholder as part of a regular submission?
Would you accept the $10 offer and keep the card or request a full refund and send the card back?

Thanks in advance,
Albert

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Seeing as how it only cost $5 to reholder a card, I would take the $10 refund. Put the cracked card in a pile, and when you get enough of them, send them all in at once.
  • Options
    Yes you can reholder just 1 card. I have done that myself.

As far as whether you should get a refund or take the $10 credit from the seller, I would personally opt for a full refund from the seller.

With PSA, It cost about $5 to reholder (which is great) but then they get you on the shipping and insurance prices that THYE have established (which I believe the minimum insurance is I think $18 - even if it’s only 1 card) so it’s always best to send in multiple cards to get re-holdered to save money but I don’t recommend just sending 1 card unless it’s a high dollar card (which PSA charges even MORE $$ for insurance).

Return the card to the seller and get your money back or you will spend a lot more trying to get it re-holdered yourself - especially on a $20 card.
  • Options
    Thanks both for the responses, so if I am hearing correctly reholders cannot be included with regular submissions (say for example I submit 50 cards under a monthly special, I cannot also add 1 card to reholder in a separate form and have it shipped with the monthly special?)
  • Options

I'd just throw it in with a bulk order of some sort. They wouldn't make a fuss
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    I would opt for the refund as well. In addition to the reasons stated above, you run the risk of the actual card having sustained some damage as well, resulting in a lesser grade. This happened to me on a very high dollar card I bought from an AH a couple years ago. PSA would not give the same grade due to card damage...Luckily, the AH was great and gave me a full refund. I have been looking for another of that card/grade ever since, however...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options

<< <i>I'd just throw it in with a bulk order of some sort. They wouldn't make a fuss >>

Irresponsible post.

A reholder needs to be on its own submission form, with its own return shipping.

If you "just throw it in with a bulk order of some sort", your order will be delayed and you'll get a call or an email asking you to authorize the separate return shipping fees.
  • Options
    If I had sold that card I would have given full refund once card was returned to me and I would make reholdering my problem.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Sometimes the reholdering cost too much with the to/from shipping
    that you're better off cracking the card out and sending it in for grading
    again during a special. If it's a sharp 9, you may get lucky and get a 10
    on a second trip to Newport Beach.