Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Frosted holders from recent submissions to PSA?

I recently purchased a PSA grade card where it looked like the holder was frosted. The seller showed me the original packing slip from PSA, so I still ended up purchasing it. The original front and back scans are here, and I'm providing them as links instead of embedding the picture so as not to get confused with the current holder. Original Front Original Back

I sent the card back to PSA, and it still looks like the card is somewhat frosted (esp on the bottom). However, it may just have been PSA's holdering machinery scraping the sides or something. (This is what it also seemed like with the card in the original holder.) Has anyone else seen this from recent submissions to PSA? I've included the scans. Do you think I need to send this back yet again for another reholder or does it look okay? This card is for my personal collection, so I'm not looking to sell it, but if for some reason, I eventually have to sell it, I wouldn't want any potential buyers to think that the card wasn't legit. Thanks!

[URL=http://s925.photobucket.com/user/garyssportscards/media/frosted/1920_headin_home_ruth_at_bat_front_frosted_zps3b9b5163.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s925.photobucket.com/user/garyssportscards/media/frosted/1920_headin_home_ruth_at_bat_back_frosted_zps68777573.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    It looks fine. I've gotten stuff from PSA that had some frosting like that.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    looks fine.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    My last returned submission had frosting on every single top left corner and some down the side as well.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Looks normal. I think people are confusing normal frosting for REAL frosting....you want to see real frosting??? Check this out!!

Please note the 'normal' frosting on the bottom of the Mantle and the CRACKED frosting on the left side, starting at the middle, going up to the top, and then going across the top of the card. Yea, someone got ripped to the tune of $12,000.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doh, I need to check one of my best cards better, frosting has me scared.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll just keep the card and won't send it in again.
  • Options
    jgrigalijgrigali Posts: 364 ✭✭
    You all have it all wrong...frosting is delicious and i want more.