Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA DNA Wrestling All Star Popppage all RIP scans added 8/27/13

I am pretty happy with the sub except for the Bruiser Brody obviously. Perhaps it will just go in a JSA holder as I believe it is legit. I've sent in over a hundred of wrestling all stars and the only other occasion that I did not have a card pass was a Destroyer that I had signed at the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame ceremony. Whatever. The JYD is an improvement over the 4 that I had, the Moolah was an improved on the 6 that I had, Dick Murdoch went all the way from Authentic to a 7 on the tough dark blue background, The Crusher went from a 5 to a 6, and the Dick the Bruiser was signed "Bruiser" instead of the other way he signed his name "William Afflis" on other cards. All in all quite good except for the Brody. I had thoughts of having my whole set in PSA DNA slabs, all 36 cards, but now I may have to make other plans for the Brody. Discouraging, but it does not change how I feel about the card itself so that is good.

1 1 21614122 EXCELLENT 5
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 5 THE JUNKYARD DOG

3 1 21614124 NEAR MINT 7
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 21 THE FABULOUS MOOLAH

4 1 21614125 NEAR MINT 7
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 29 DICK MURDOCH

5 1 21614126 EXCELLENT-MINT 6
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 30 THE CRUSHER

6 1 21614127 EXCELLENT-MINT 6
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 33 DICK THE BRUISER
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Always nice to see those autos get slabbed. Congrats!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    good stuff, how much was the fees for authentication?
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I paid $25 per on these as I wanted to upgrade my sets and have my duplicates available for sale..... I have a huge stack of wrestling all stars all signed that I will send on a PSA DNA special of $15 whenever PSA does the red flip again.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob sorry to hear the Brody didn't pass. On the bright side those are some very tough auto's and will help you keep advancing your collection.

Perhaps you can do some more research on the Brody signature and try and send it in again with pictures of other examples.

• Options

<< <i>I paid $25 per on these as I wanted to upgrade my sets and have my duplicates available for sale..... I have a huge stack of wrestling all stars all signed that I will send on a PSA DNA special of $15 whenever PSA does the red flip again. >>

Question, you prefer just authenticating the autograph as opposed to authenticating and grading the autograph?
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The CRUSHER >>

Sorry, but I love that clip and think of it whenever "the Crusher" is mentioned.

Anyhooo....

Is there any premium if the wrestler signs his real name and then his character's name - Terry Bollea "Hulk Hogan" or Kohsrow Vaziri "The Iron Shiek"? Do the living wrestlers even do this if asked? For some reason, I find the signatures of the characters analogous to an actor signing the character's name, like Sean Connery signing "James Bond" or Mark Hamill signing "Luke Skywalker".

I think this stuff is fairly cool. Thanks for posting.

Not as cool as MOJOROB, the postcard thread (haven't seen that one for awhile) or the hockey card thread but cool nonetheless.
  • Options
    I have went with a nice condition card (authentic card as well) with the PSA/DNA certified auto instead of going with the autograph and the autograph grade...... I'm not a huge fan of just the autograph grade for cards in my collection.....It is tough sometimes though as some cards could grade high but have a terrible autograph with ballpoint, etc and I willing to not sub those if the autograph does not have the eye appeal I am looking for. I am picky about my autograph and sometimes it is a real balancing act when deciding on what type of card to keep or sub.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The CRUSHER >>

Sorry, but I love that clip and think of it whenever "the Crusher" is mentioned.

Anyhooo....

Is there any premium if the wrestler signs his real name and then his character's name - Terry Bollea "Hulk Hogan" or Kohsrow Vaziri "The Iron Shiek"? Do the living wrestlers even do this if asked? For some reason, I find the signatures of the characters analogous to an actor signing the character's name, like Sean Connery signing "James Bond" or Mark Hamill signing "Luke Skywalker".

I think this stuff is fairly cool. Thanks for posting.

Not as cool as MOJOROB, the postcard thread (haven't seen that one for awhile) or the hockey card thread but cool nonetheless. >>

I do not see this quite the same as you. These wrestlers are not one time characters as they usually adopt a name and stick with it or have a variation of it through most of their careers. Someone can club me over the head and wonder about Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Mick Foley in a following post. I do see the wrestlers more so like actors and their long time stage name than their real name. For example, would you have Tom Cruise signed as "Tom Cruise" or would you ask him to sign "Thomas Mapother"? I would think that most people would go for the "Tom Cruise" autograph just as I would go after "The Iron Sheik" autograph over a Khosrow Vaziri autograph. I know the Navarro has Mr Olympia sign his card with his character name and his real name "jerry Stubbs" below that on one of his all stars, I think that is pretty cool and uncommon in the wrestling autograph world. I recently had Mr Wrestling 2 sign his card "Mr Wrestling 2" and "Johnny Walker" below that. It may get a slight premium over just a Mr Wrestling 2 autograph but it wouldn't be too much more, if any. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    i'm also waiting for them to have a red flip special, $25/pop is not worth it for the $100-$150 cards i have.
  • Options
    I sold my Dick Murdoch for $600 that was just authentic so I had some motivation to get these graded.
  • Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    I prefer when wrestlers sign both their ring name and real name. I had a private signing with Hulk. He was a cool guy and very accommodating. Overall a great experience.

[URL=http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/boxingandwrestling/media/Bolleablack_zps43bc90bf.png.html]image[/URL]
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Share some details from the private signing with Hogan.
  • Options
    Dave, I was able to work a deal with someone who worked behind the scenes at the Toronto Fan Fest over the weekend. After Hogan signed on the show floor, me and my girl went to another room where Hasselhoff aka the Hoff was. We then went to another room where the jockey Ron Turcotte was signing and I set up the items I needed Hulk to sign. He came in had, talked a little, and then signed for me. He didn't rush and was cool about everything. I got 12 Hulk and 7 Bollea autos. He only signed one other Bollea when he was on the show floor. Of course it cost a few bucks, but well worth it. At night I went to see the Hulk - Live and Uncensored show.

URL=http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/boxingandwrestling/media/Bolleablue_zpsc3d7f5d7.png.html]image[/URL]
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    That sounds awesome!

Post some more of the scans!
  • Options
    Those are some awesome Hogans and I do like the dual name for both of the cards. The cards look nice too condition wise. Any idea what happened with the black pen and the streaking? Nonetheless, both are awesome. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    Just dropped off about 40 items at PSA. I'll post scans when I get them back.

• Options
    Rob, I guess the black marker just wasn't good. I'm going to try to get another 82 signed in black in a few months.

• Options
    I put the scans from my sub in the first message............
  • Options

• Options
    Awesome, I like that blue RC Hogan......