Home Sports Talk
Options

Charlie Manuel Out in Philly

1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
What's the point of this move now? The Phillies aren't losing because of their manager (just like baseball teams don't win because of them, either). Why not wait until the end of the year? Is the front office that desperate to save face that they make the guy their scape goat? Manuel is telling everyone that he didn't resign, he was fired.

Pretty dumb move, in my opinion. How many Philly fans are going to be happier about the team on this firing? Does the front office really think that fans are going to re-up their season tickets now any more than before?

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Some franchises are classy, some aren't.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I guess Sandberg was right about his chances. Thought I read an article, before the season started, about him going to Philly because he was blocked in Chicago.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Phillies fans I know are ecstatic.
    They say he should have done waaaay more with what he's had to work with, during his tenure. This year excluded.
    It is and odd time of the year to do this however.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress