Home Sports Talk
Options

Rams...Really?

Why is it every year I hear over and over again about how the Rams are a good/tough team and everyone predicts that they will be 9-7, 10-6, 8-8 . They haven't smelled a lick of success and have been steamrolled since Warner left/Bradford arrived. This year will be no different. Just had to get that off my chest, thanks...
It never leaves you...

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Warner was a fantastic quarterback. It's tough to replace someone that good unless you pick up a great RB to take some of the pressure off the QB position. That or a team needs a dominating defense, not many of those around anymore.

Here in Minnesota we got a glimpse of true QB greatness with Brett Favre, now we are hoping Adrian Peterson is good enough to help Christian Ponder make us a contender.

It sucks to be irrelevant.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Why is it every year I hear over and over again about how the Rams are a good/tough team and everyone predicts that they will be 9-7, 10-6, 8-8 . They haven't smelled a lick of success and have been steamrolled since Warner left/Bradford arrived. This year will be no different. Just had to get that off my chest, thanks... >>

I think what they did last year says a lot. Being a Seahawks' fan, I'm bitter over the hokey way we lost in STL, but still...Fisher can make a big difference with that team- just not this year or the next in that division.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt help when Bradfords Receivers go down in flames year after year though, Im not buying into all the talk about Bradford until his receivers stay healthy and what he does then. Losing SJax and Amendola wont help him one bit this year.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    The Rams are going to be mediocre at best, and even Fisher won't help them. They aren't doing their case for a new stadium any wonders by being so consistently disappointing, either. I think the Rams are one of those teams these 'expert' analysts can go on the air and say will do well, which sounds like a bold claim, but no one will ever remember them making that claim.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Life long Rams fan and they are destined for another high draft pick again this year ...
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    They lost Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, AND Isaac Bruce and how do you replace a foursome like that? I think there is a legitimate chance that all four of them are enshrined in Canton within a few years.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I predict 8-8 this year but 11-5 next year. They are heading up!