Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Advice or Recommendations for Selling Quantity of World Coins

From a retired dealer/collector's estate I purchased a few years back, I have boxes and boxes of world coins, most of them sorted into
2x2 envelopes. I think almost everything is pre-1980. The majority is pre-1950, with plenty of them at least 100 years old.
The largest holdings are Canadian and British, including quite a few old Whitman folders of coins from both countries, nearly all denominations.
I knew enough about the Canadian to sort out the better coins in better grades, and have sold some of them to various forum members.

Apart from Ebay, what's the best means to sell bulk material like this? I don't expect much, and would be glad to wholesale out groups to interested
forum members or anyone they would recommend.

Thanks for your inputs -
Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    I am sure many of us on the forumn would be more than happy to purchase these coins from you in bulk. Just come up with a reasonable price and watch the members come out of the wood work. For secure response unlock your message board and I will send you a message.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    I don't know why but when I first opened your post your lock wasn't there. After posting it appeared.
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    you could run the BEST GIVEAWAY EVER!!!

seriously, divide by country and sell and you'll probably have no issues.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dibs I'll take all the chinese..... image

Hoard the keys.