Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

84 Donruss Mattingly

Wow, I know the Dodgers are on a hot streak but this card has risen to a whole new level in sale price. This card in a 10 has picked up some serious steam. Just stared pulling in at the $600 mark back in December. The highest sale was the one before tonight which peaked at $685. Tonight, this card sold for over $1000 in what appears to be actual bids. Impressive.

84 Donruss - Mattingly PSA 10

Comments

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Is 9999rbush on these boards? He lands some nice grades. The Mattingly's are booming.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

• Real bids they may have been but if you look at who was bidding it's 2 novice buyers. It happens from time to time. I wouldn't expect the next one to surface to reach that number even though it is one tough 10 on the Mattingly.
    It never leaves you...
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    So the thinking is because his Dodgers are making such a great run? Manager of the Year?

End of the day PSA 10's of this card are in triple figures, not a Hall of Famer, and many many more to be graded. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, as it's one of my favorite cards ever, but I have a hard time seeing it sustaining.
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • I'm torn
    I am hunting one myself
    But don't want to get in at the peak. My raw copies and my 9OC
    Will have to do for now.