Home Precious Metals

FED refuses to accept US currency

derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
Getting picky

"Fed officials have informed the bureau that they will not accept any hundred-dollar notes made at the Washington, D.C., facility until further notice."

Appears it is harder to actually print them than it is to get the OK to print them.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Akin to a magician unloading a truckload of bunnies."

I loved that line and it details exactly the state of our economic affairs, currently.

peacockcoins

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I say let them go. We'll have some error bills to collect. I want one of these asap. The money is starting to look like Disney money.
    COA
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they are legal tender how can they legally refuse to accept them? Perhaps a big lawsuit against the FED would settle this.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Jmski, you have to correct your photo:

We don't have the $500 any more
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ironic that they want to eliminate the $100 because of the counterfeiting, weapons and drug trades. I find it ironic. But at this point, what difference does it make?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I believe this will be covered under the "My Bad" clause, no worries, somehow the taxpayer will pay for this snafu... yet again.

• I'm pretty sure criminals will use $50's if there are no $100's. only no money, all electronic with paper trails will slow them down. Until they figure out how to beat that system.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the defect rate is for current issue $100 bills.
    theknowitalltroll;