Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Caligula

Finally added a new addition to my 12 caesars, good old caligula.

Caligula (37 - 41 A.D.)
AE30 AS
SEGOBRIGA, SPAIN
O: C CAESAR AVG GERMANICVS IMP, laureate head left.
R: SEGO BRIGA in wreath.
Segobriga Mint
30.5mm
10.1g
Burgos 1724

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Interesting coin with nice portrait and almost complete legend! Congrats on a great pickup!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    nice, not the typical "VESTA" issue, that VESTA one doesn't do anything for me so I'm going to have to look for something else for my set as well
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nice, not the typical "VESTA" issue, that VESTA one doesn't do anything for me so I'm going to have to look for something else for my set as well >>

Exactly why I liked this type. Vesta everyone does :/
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always liked this type and the desert patina on yours is nice. In the end, I went with another VESTA for my 12 Caesars set, but I like yours as an affordable alternative. Also like how the obverse legends stand out and are all on the flan.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Bronzemat: Super nice coin! The legends are really pretty clean and easy to read, even the reverse which is more worn than the obverse. I haven't found an affordable (for me) Caligula for my 12 Caesars set yet, but I would be lucky to find a piece like this. Thank goodness for the provincial issues.