Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Don Mattingly

I am working to complete my Don Mattingly Master Registry Collection. Please let me know if you have any of the following for sale (either PSA graded or raw card for me to have graded):

1986 Meadow Gold Stats Back Perforated Panel w/Reggie Jackson

1987 Kraft Home Plate Heroes Panel w/Hubie Brooks

1988 OPC Stickercard Lee Smith (front) w/Mattingly sticker on back #33

1989 Topps Heads Up Test #19

1990 Publication International Stickers Hottest Players HAND CUT sticker

1991 7-11 Slurpee Disc Metro Northeast Region - Does NOT have Superstar Action Coin in Yellow on the back

1992-1998 Highland Mint SILVER coin

1993 Finest Promo Refractor

1994 Barry Colla Postcards

1995 Donruss Press Proof Mattingly Checklist #440

1995 Finest Refractors WITHOUT coating #126

These are the ONLY 11 cards missing from my registry. Again, please let me know if you have them in either form for sale.

THANKS for the help,
Chris
I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!

Comments

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    chris , i have a 86 meadow gold complete panel psa 8 . very rare item for sale. send me a pm with offer. corey
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    There is an 89 Mattingly Topps Heads Up on ebay now
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Thanks! I noticed the 1989 Topps Heads up on eBay, but am concerned about paying that much when it has a crease. PSA tends to take off a lot of "grade points" for creases. I have been watching it, so it might end up being the one I buy if I cannot find another one in a little better condition.

Thanks again,
    Chris
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    There is an 1987 Kraft Mattingly / Brooks complete box right now on eBay, stating at .99 cent.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Thanks! I have been watching the Kraft box, but they want $6.30 for shipping and I would have to cut the panel before sending it to PSA for grading. I am hoping to find one already cut well to get a decent grade.

Thanks again for the help,
    Chris
  • Options
    UPDATED LISTING:

I am working to complete my Don Mattingly Master Registry Collection. Please let me know if you have any of the following for sale (either PSA graded or raw card for me to have graded):

1987 Kraft Home Plate Heroes Panel w/Hubie Brooks

1988 OPC Stickercard Lee Smith (front) w/Mattingly sticker on back #33

1989 Topps Heads Up Test #19

1990 Publication International Stickers Hottest Players HAND CUT sticker

1991 7-11 Slurpee Disc Metro Northeast Region - Does NOT have Superstar Action Coin in Yellow on the back

1992-1998 Highland Mint SILVER coin

1993 Finest Promo Refractor

1994 Barry Colla Postcards

1995 Donruss Press Proof Mattingly Checklist #440

1995 Finest Refractors WITHOUT coating #126

These are the ONLY 10 cards missing from my registry. Again, please let me know if you have them in either form for sale.

THANKS for the help,
    Chris
  • Options

I've got a 1990 publications sticker panel (both Mattingly) here somewhere that is perfect. Now I just have to find it.
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    Thanks! If you are able to locate the sticker, would you mind posting a picture for me?

Thanks again,
    Chris
  • Options
    Any help with these 10 cards would be most appreciated. Even if you do not have any of them, if you know who might, please share their contact information with me.

Thanks again,
    Chris
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Is this the publications hottest player sticker? This is what I always thought it was?

90 Publications Sticker?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    I believe it is the sticker in question. I already have three or four of them. Actually, I sent one to PSA for grading in 2010 and they refused to grade it, as they did not know what it was (although I had included information from the Beckett Almanac). This is a bit frustrating, but at least it takes another item off my list.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Shoot me a PM if interested:

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    I am interested. I sent a message, so when you have a chance let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    UPDATED LISTING:

1 - 1987 Kraft Home Plate Heroes Panel w/Hubie Brooks

2 - 1988 OPC Stickercard Lee Smith (front) w/Mattingly sticker on back #33

3 - 1989 Topps Heads Up Test #19

4 - 1991 7-11 Slurpee Disc Metro Northeast Region - Does NOT have Superstar Action Coin in Yellow on the back

5 - 1992-1998 Highland Mint SILVER coin

6 - 1993 Finest Promo Refractor

7 - 1994 Barry Colla Postcards

8 - 1995 Donruss Press Proof Mattingly Checklist #440

9 - 1995 Finest Refractors WITHOUT coating #126

These are the ONLY 9 cards missing from my registry. Again, please let me know if you have them in either form for sale.

THANKS for the help,
    Chris
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    That arrogant ESPN a-hole Curt Schilling states Mattingly's job in serious jeopardy if he does not make it past first rd. of playoffs. Please Curt, save it all. 42-8 run. Easy NL West champions.

Donnie Baseball = MANAGER OF THE YEAR.
  • Options
    Mattingly's job should have never been in doubt in the first place. While they were eventually 10 games behind in their division, he NEVER lost control of the club, NEVER lost the respect of the players, and NEVER had the actual roster with which to work. Once the pieces began to return (and the addition of Puig), then the Dodgers were able to play to their ability with his guidance. There was a meeting held in which Mattingly was informed that something needed to be done. . .it was not stated that he would lose his job if x, y, and z were not done. . .the media talked it up each day. The sports world would be much better off without a majority of the media! (Just take a gander at all the mistakes within articles these days.) Regardless of how the Dodgers perform in the playoffs, Mattingly deserves MUCH credit for the improvement of the team. Lastly, I completely agree with the way in which he is handling the Puig situation when it comes to discipline and allowing him room to mature.
  • Options
    UPDATED LISTING: Only 8 more to go!

1 - 1988 OPC Stickercard Lee Smith (front) w/Mattingly sticker on back #33

2 - 1989 Topps Heads Up Test #19

3 - 1991 7-11 Slurpee Disc Metro Northeast Region - Does NOT have Superstar Action Coin in Yellow on the back

4 - 1992-1998 Highland Mint SILVER coin

5 - 1993 Finest Promo Refractor

6 - 1994 Barry Colla Postcards

7 - 1995 Donruss Press Proof Mattingly Checklist #440

8 - 1995 Finest Refractors WITHOUT coating #126

THANKS to MorrellMan for the assistance!

These are the ONLY 8 cards missing from my registry. Again, please let me know if you have them in either form for sale.

THANKS,
    Chris
  • Options
    The Mattingly Registry Collection has been updated, so I need help finding more cards. They are:

1 - 1987 Key Food Disc #6

2 - 1987 Key Food Panel w/Tony Pena

3 - 1987 Our Own Tea Panel w/Tony Pena

4 - 1987 Super Stars Panel w/Tony Pena

5 - 1987 Weis Market Panel w/Tony Pena

6 - 1988 OPC Stickercard Lee Smith (front) w/Mattingly sticker on back #33

7 - 1988 Our Own Tea Panel w/Dave Magadan

8 - 1988 Super Stars Disc #3

9 - 1988 Tetley Tea Disc #3

10 - 1988 Tetley Tea Panel w/Dave Magadan

11 - 1988 Weis Winners Panel w/Dave Magadan

12 - 1989 Super Stars Disc #1

13 - 1989 Tetley Tea Panel w/David Cone

14 - 1989 Topps Heads Up Test #19

15 - 1990 Super Stars Disc #14

16 - 1990 Super Stars Panel w/Kirby Puckett

17 - 1990 Tetley Tea Panel w/Kirby Puckett

18 - 1991 7-11 Slurpee Disc Metro Northeast Region - Does NOT have Superstar Action Coin in Yellow on the back

19 - 1992-1998 Highland Mint SILVER coin

20 - 1993 Finest Promo Refractor

21 - 1994 Barry Colla Postcards

22 - 1995 Donruss Press Proof Mattingly Checklist #440

23 - 1995 Finest Refractors WITHOUT coating #126

These are the ONLY 23 cards missing from my registry. Again, please let me know if you have them in graded or raw form for sale.

THANKS,
    Chris
  • Options
    Any help with these 23 missing items would be great!

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    UPDATED: Only 19 to go - thanks for the help.

The Mattingly Registry Collection has been updated, so I need help finding more cards. They are:

1 - 1987 Key Food Disc #6

2 - 1987 Key Food Panel w/Tony Pena

3 - 1987 Our Own Tea Panel w/Tony Pena

4 - 1987 Super Stars Panel w/Tony Pena

5 - 1987 Weis Market Panel w/Tony Pena

6 - 1988 Our Own Tea Panel w/Dave Magadan

7 - 1988 Super Stars Disc #3

8 - 1988 Tetley Tea Disc #3

9 - 1988 Tetley Tea Panel w/Dave Magadan

10 - 1988 Weis Winners Panel w/Dave Magadan

11 - 1989 Super Stars Disc #1

12 - 1989 Tetley Tea Panel w/David Cone

13 - 1989 Topps Heads Up Test #19

14 - 1990 Super Stars Disc #14

15 - 1990 Super Stars Panel w/Kirby Puckett

16 - 1990 Tetley Tea Panel w/Kirby Puckett

17 - 1993 Finest Promo Refractor

18 - 1994 Barry Colla Postcards

19 - 1995 Donruss Press Proof Mattingly Checklist #440

These are the ONLY 19 missing from my registry. Please let me know if you have them in graded or raw form for sale, as I will pay fair price for them.

THANKS,
    Chris
  • Options
    I can finally remove the 1993 Donruss Elite Dominator in PSA 10 grade off my list. . .just got one back from PSA!
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Not on your list but looks like it would be a BIG upgrade for you...

I have it listed on my website if your interested...

www.opcbaseball.com

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook