Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

(Think I've found what I want here, now. Thanks.)

(Update-The title of this originally mentioned that I was after one nice piece of modern NCLT. Think I found it. Thanks.)

Prefer silver (or, if I can afford it, small- even tiny- gold).

Prefer proof with nice mirrors and contrast. Don't care as much for matte surfaces.

I generally like:

Sailing ships
Owls
Floral designs and trees
Nice scenic landscapes and subjects from nature
Interesting shapes (square, rectangular, etc. - but those "map of Australia" shaped coins are going a bit too far for me.)
Bimetallic coins

Little crystals or gemstones mounted (like an owl with crystal eyes, or a "locket coin" with a capsule containing gemstones) are OK.

Other gimmicks, not so much so.

I generally do NOT like:

Marijuana plants
Cartoon characters
Overdone subjects like the Titanic or JFK or Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, etc.
Anything TOO pop-culture, movie, TV, or sports-related
Colorized coins (with the possible exception of some of those showing fine art paintings or religious icons, or niobium coins, where the color is in the metal)

Looking for something flashy and beautiful in the classic sense.

Budget? Negotiable, as this is only a brief whim. Let's say $75-150-ish.

Whatcha got?

Even if you don't have anything like this for sale, show off your stuff and your NCLT and modern likes/dislikes here, if you like.

I'm (a little bit) open to suggestions.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    I'm feeling really stupid but I'm asking anyway. NCLT?
  • Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224

<< <i>Prefer silver (or, if I can afford it, small- even tiny- gold). >>

If you eventually wind up sailing the Bay of E ... Latvia has released a full size 2012 5 Lati with the same design as the 1929-1932 originals ... tho' I have only seen MS coins offered so far with a ballpark price of $125-$150. They did a small gold 5 Lati a few years back in proof with a content of 1/20th oz .9999 fine ... good luck finding one new. Even harder keeping up with the Silver/Niobium bimetallic "Coins of Time" pieces.

Perhaps we should get you hooked on some of the bi-metallic NCLT commems from Austria ... a bit of variety and not too gaudy?!?
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options

<< <i>I'm feeling really stupid but I'm asking anyway. NCLT? >>

Non-circulating legal tender

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• Options
    This is probably too low value for you. I also need to check and make sure it's worth grading. Pic is an example I pulled off eBay but I'm pretty sure it's the one I have. When I get home I'll check for other options.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is probably too low value for you. I also need to check and make sure it's worth grading. Pic is an example I pulled off eBay but I'm pretty sure it's the one I have. When I get home I'll check for other options. >>

It is, a bit, and probably not worth the expense of grading, but it's pretty. Thanks for posting it.

I think I have found the coin I want, and I cherrypicked another out of my bulk material that's worth $100-ish, maybe, so the cherrypick and one other will fill out my submission.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.