Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT/ KC ROyals a CLASS ACT

Off topic, but deserving of a post. As some know my 15 year old daughter suffered sudden cardia arrest after being featured on the dance cam at Kaufmann stadium on May 23rd this year. She was revived by my great friend and neighbor who she attended the game with as a guest (he is an ICU nurse in KC) and then delivered a life saving shock from AED from stadiumn paramedics. She survived and as a miracle has had pretty much a 100% normal recovery. The Royals have shown very sincere concern throughout the entire ordeal and have gone way above and beyond by inviting us down to a personal lunch, private tour of the facility, and now gave us the All-Star Suite for Sept. 7 game against the Detroit Tigers. They did not stop there......She will be throwing out the first pitch as well as performing "take me out to the ballgame". We are also invited on field for BP for both teams. Coming from a Cardinal fan at heart, and also working as an associate for the Braves, the Royals have won over this Dad's heart with their generousity. They are a true class act and I just wanted all baseball fans to know that.

Thanks
Jason

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Thats fantastic Jason, I am so pleased to read that your daughter is doing so well! Enjoy the game, bravo to KC
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well.

Props to KC too,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jason ... AWESOME news! So glad to hear that your daughter has almost fully recovered. I know it's tough to handle as a dad as well ... how are YOU doing?

KC ROYALS have really stepped up to the plate ... just went up one notch in my book.

Tell your daughter that all your CU BOARD friends (yes young lady, there are other silly men like your dad who play with baseball cards!!!!) wish her the best at the game.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Doug

Will do! You guys are a class act and thanks for asking. I enjoy reading the forums and your posts. Thanks for the interest.

Jason
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    Great news!

Obviously I am a Cards fan as well but after this story the Royals will be a team I watch too!

Wishing your daughter a 100% recovery!
  • Options
    That's great news and your friend is even greater.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    love stories like this; be sure to post pictures afterwards!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Great news on all fronts.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's really awesome!!

Glad your daughter is doing better and I hope you guys have a great time

• Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Great news about the recovery. I hope you guys build lots of great memories at the stadium.
  • Options
    Mykal had her night on Sept. 7th against the Tigers. Here are a couple pics. She sang Take me Out to the Ballgame during 7th inning stretch as well as threw out first pitch:

[URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/iakona8/media/Mykal Royals/Card-0001.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/iakona8/media/Mykal Royals/Card-0002.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    This is a great story. This season I have found myself watching a ton of Royals baseball from Chicago and have really enjoyed how much these guys like playing together. It is great to hear that the organization is sincerely looking after the fans. I cannot imagine your anguish and relief and am very happy for you and your family Jason. This ices it. I am now a Royals fan.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your daughter's recovery story. I'm glad she was able to come back so strongly. It's also nice to hear the Royals are good people.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases