Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1920/10 Mexico Peso overdate...what does it look like?

Anyone have a helpful image of this one and/or die markers other than the overdate which aid in authentidation? The only one I've seen in hand was well worn and the overdate (if it was one) was arguable. Thanks for any assistance provided.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I just stopped here to ask that same question on the 1920/10 Dos Peso. I also would like to know what these look like.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good question

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The internet, and sometimes ebay, is your friend. Here is a recent ebay auction with a great discription and big pictures (Scroll down). Not a very pronounced overdate and can probably be cherried easily.

As for the dos peso check heritage archives-there are a few on there. This one is a little more noticeable.

Bob
  • Options
    Now that someone found the silver. Does anyone have anything on the Dos Gold?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Krause does not list a 1920/10 dos(2) peso gold coin.
    However there is a 1920/10 dos medio (2-1/2) peso gold coin. See photo below if this is the coin that you are referring to. Photo borrowed from Heritage archives.

Bob
  • Options

<< <i>Krause does not list a 1920/10 dos(2) peso gold coin.
    However there is a 1920/10 dos medio (2-1/2) peso gold coin. See photo below if this is the coin that you are referring to. Photo borrowed from Heritage archives.

Bob >>

Bob, thanks for the info... PCGS requires one for the Dos Peso set. I wonder if they made a error?

Dos Peso Set Requires 1920/10

• Options

I cannot find any info on the internet or any of my reference books to assert the fact that the 1920/10 Dos peso exists. The only other place you can check is PCGS itself to see if any have been graded(I can't do this, I am not a member). Even if they say they graded one or two it may be a mislabeled 2-1/2 peso. I do think that PCGS erred in this respect. JMO

Bob
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I had not checked back in for awhile. Thank you for the responses, help and further education on the 2.5 peso gold piece as well. The overdate on gold actually looks a little more obvious than on the silver peso. Maybe its just the coin condition is better on the gold piece. Thanks again for the help and guidance!

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    It have been a long time. Does anyone have an image of the 1920/10 DOS PESO?

PCGS Coin Number: 241856
    Population: 0