• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He looks like a king!

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    The first coin is somewhat strange. The second one looks like the British sovereign. It’s the St. George slaying the dragon motif. Thanks for sharing these coins.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second coin is an 1819 Crown. Here's the obverse.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are cool

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dont know much about it yet wonderful look on NEN:

imageimage >>

Neat - an English coin minted in their then Norman possessions.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    That is in amazing condition, seem too good to be true. Has it been drilled and filled?
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    It is still listed, but $750 is a very full price for the commonest Henry VI groat. It is also a bit small in the legend which may mean it has been clipped as generally speaking these appear on a full flan. You don't want to buy it and find out later it is light having cracked it out. Hammered coins in slabs should get a discount due to the lack of weight information.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is still listed, but $750 is a very full price for the commonest Henry VI groat. It is also a bit small in the legend which may mean it has been clipped as generally speaking these appear on a full flan. You don't want to buy it and find out later it is light having cracked it out. Hammered coins in slabs should get a discount due to the lack of weight information. >>

One thing I really like about buying raw coins from CNGCoins - they are all weighed, measured etc. Imagine the travesty of buying some medieval gold that is under an established weight range.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>It is still listed, but $750 is a very full price for the commonest Henry VI groat. It is also a bit small in the legend which may mean it has been clipped as generally speaking these appear on a full flan. You don't want to buy it and find out later it is light having cracked it out. Hammered coins in slabs should get a discount due to the lack of weight information. >>

$750, that's a mighty expensive piece of plastic, I'd guess about $250 raw.
  • Options

Scrumptious!
  • Options

<< <i>
    $750, that's a mighty expensive piece of plastic, I'd guess about $250 raw. >>

Please let me know where I can pick up 4 in that condition for 250.00 each, I need all four of them quickly.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hammered coins in slabs should get a discount due to the lack of weight information. >>

Or they could just add the weight on the slab like they do for some colonials... but that would be too easy and too beneficial for everyone image
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    $250 is too cheap. $350-500 would be closer to the mark given the recent price rises for just about everything, but not $750 which is OTT
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know much about the series but seems that the eye appeal is superb. I haven't seen many posted that look like this one.
    For $250, I am a buyer. $350-500 for something like this sounds VERY attractive.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dont know much about it yet wonderful look on NEN:

imageimage >>

A VERY cool looking coin!! Thanks for sharing!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    I am still fascinated with that coin.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I opened up this thread this morning and thought I was looking at my Starbucks coffee cup! Nice coin, inspite of the mix-up.
    Paul
  • Options
    I would still be worried about what is going on at 12 o'clock with the cross that is now a blob and the concave area in the corresponding place on the other side.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Scrumptious! >>

yeah she has a nice bosom image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Scrumptious! >>

yeah she has a nice bosom image >>

Poor Henry... Lol! It is a bit odd though. I wonder what the idea was behind that part of the design.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    image we'll never know
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    That one is especially nice!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a nice looking coin.