Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Charlie Sheen's bat from Eight Men Out

Made an interesting pickup. Will probably eventually be sent to an auction house, as I think it has HUGE potential if marketed to the right audience. Earlier this year, DB Sweeney (actor and director), held a garage sale to get rid of some of his stuff. Sweeney's name might be familiar to some, but for those that don't know, he portrayed Shoeless Joe Jackson in the movie Eight Men Out. Some of the items available included one of Sweeney's Shoeless Joe uniforms, and this Charlie Sheen used bat as Oscar "Hap" Felsch. I purchased it from the guy in the photo with Sweeney below (I put the text box over his face to respect his privacy)

Haven't decided yet whether I'll try to get Sheen to sign it before I auction it or not. Cool piece from supposedly a cool movie (I've personally never seen it, but will probably get the DVD soon to watch)

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this bat discussed originally on the Net54 Board and I couldn't be happier that it now resides in your collection!

Enjoy It

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭

<< <i>I saw this bat discussed originally on the Net54 Board and I couldn't be happier that it now resides in your collection!

Enjoy It

IMF >>

Same here, awesome image
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Awesome pickup mike. Best of luck.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    If you do put it up for auction I wonder if Charlie Sheen would buy it?
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Im happy it was you who got it, Mike. I also contacted the seller and came very close to pulling the trigger on it.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    Very cool item

Congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Almost hit it myself as well. Very cool piece. I would imagine a SHeen signed photo of him holding the bat would be great for display with the bat. I do not know if I would have had him signed the bat.

Jason
  • Great piece. I would love to have something like in my collection. Very awesome. Love DB Sweeney also. Another movie Charlie and him that they were in together was called No Mans Land. It's pretty much like Fast and the Furious but in the 80's. if you love Porches, you'll even love that movie more. Check it out.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>. Another movie Charlie and him that they were in together is called No Mans Land. It's pretty much like fast and the furious but in the 80's. if you love Porches, you'll even love that movie more. Check it out. >>

Yeah, I've got that one. I bought it years ago to watch the cars. Very cool flick and great cars!!

Thanks to everyone for the props on the bat. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it signed? Is he fairly fan friendly and does he regularly pop up anyplace like Dodgers games or something?

I'm not sure but I think his little stand up tour of the country is over. I wish I had the bat when he came down this way and I would have ante-ed up for the meet and greet to get it signed.

Mike
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    That's a really cool and unique piece, Mike! Thought maybe you could contact Charlie's agent or publicist but since he's gone through representation like toilet paper, dunno if this is still accurate:

Linky
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>. Another movie Charlie and him that they were in together is called No Mans Land. It's pretty much like fast and the furious but in the 80's. if you love Porches, you'll even love that movie more. Check it out. >>

Thanks to everyone for the props on the bat. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it signed? Is he fairly fan friendly and does he regularly pop up anyplace like Dodgers games or something?

I'm not sure but I think his little stand up tour of the country is over. I wish I had the bat when he came down this way and I would have ante-ed up for the meet and greet to get it signed.

Mike >>

Does Sheen use Social Media?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a legit vintage bat or was it made new for the movie itself? Anybody know?

Great piece regardless.

And, yeah Mike, the movie is outstanding.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that a legit vintage bat or was it made new for the movie itself? Anybody know?

Great piece regardless.

And, yeah Mike, the movie is outstanding. >>

Its not vintage. It was made for the movie specifically
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I figured.

I'm impressed they went to the trouble of getting all those details into the bat and didn't just make an unmarked black bat of the right size.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool piece Mike, Congrats on the pickup. D.B has not aged well and only 51
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON